It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2004, 04:42 PM   #1

seifer_e_almasy HB User
Question I'm hooked

I am 16 year old girl and for the last few months I've been hooked on Zoloft and Ibuprofen. I take 2-3 of each pill each day.

I take so many that I can't seem to focus in school. I am depressed to start off with so with the pills I am a mess. I think teachers are starting see what is going on.

i'm starting to get low now and I know I'm going to have to ask my parents to re-fill my old bottles soon. I'm not suppsed to be out of each one for a long time. I told one of my friends at school about it and she urged me to go to the school nurse. I'm way to scared to do anything though. I'm afraid of what my parents will say when they find out.

Old 05-15-2004, 06:21 PM   #2
Veteran

bluejulie5 HB User
Re: I'm hooked

For goodness sakes, Ibuprofen is just an over the counter anti-inflamitory pill.
I have never heard of anyone getting "hooked" on Ibuprofen.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2004, 04:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

Can I ask just why you are taking the ibuprofen?You know,it is NOT in any way shape or form,an addicting drug.It does not contain any properties that you would normally think of as an addicting type drug.

My big concern is how many of the zoloft you are taking.Now there, you could have some really BIG problems if you are taking more than the perscribed dose.It will do a big number on your brain.i really cannot imagine anyone becomming addicted to zoloft either,as it also does not contain anything that would lead to an addiction.please, if you could post just how much you are taking of both drugs, it would be very helpful in determining just what you feel this addiction is.could you also please explain just what you feel is an addiction to these drugs?I have to say that i am quite baffled as to just why or how you think that you could possibly be addicted to two non addicting drugs.please post back to me,okay?

Old 05-16-2004, 09:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

I've Never Heard Of Addiction To Ibuprofen Either But Taking Alot Of Zoloft You're Going To End Up With Serotonin Syndrome You Better Quit That While Your Ahead It's Pretty Serious And As For The Ibuprofen Your Gonna End Up With An Ulcer From Taking So Many Maybe You Have A Mental Addiction To The Ibuprofen But Physical I Don't Think Is In The Cards Kelleigh

Old 05-16-2004, 11:36 AM   #5

seifer_e_almasy HB User

I take 2-3 600 mg Ibuprofen a day. I take 2-3 100 mg Zolofts a day. If I don't take them I become very mean and will yell at anyone for the smallest thing. I just got over abusing oxyies two months ago.

Closed Thread