It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2004, 07:54 PM   #1

soblessed HB User
Unhappy help please with hydro addiction

well, first off please forgive me if i sound stupid. i have been taking hydros for 8 years. but have been addicted for the past 5 years. these pills have such a strong hold on my life. it really scares me. it seems as though they are all i think about. i ran out of my pills about a week ago, and it was horrible. the worst thing i have ever been thru in my life. i cried, screamed, i couldnt sit still, my legs were hurting so bad, i had to keep moving them, i took about 50 hot baths over a 12 hour period. i was puking, i couldnt eat, couldnt sleep. and that was just going for 72 hours without any. i take about 7 a day. i take 1 1/2 (of the 10mg) every 3 hours. i have been trying ever since i got them refilled to tapper off. i am presecribed 1 every 6 hours. my dr has no idea that i have a prob with them. my whole family does know that i have an addiction, but none of them understand. i hear constantly, just quit. from my husband, to my mom, to my sister. i wish to god that i could just quit. i am so scared. i have no support from my family. i have been reading these boards off and on for about 3 months, and i am just now getting the nerve to ask for help. it helps to know that no one here will judge me. i just feel like such a failure. when i first started taking hydros, they took away my pain and gave me soooooooooooo much energy, it was amazing! but now, they barely take away my pain, and i get no energy at all. can hardly get anything done. unless i take more, if i take more then i get a little energy. but i want this way of life to stop. i know that i am missing out on so much. i wish that all them years ago, my dr or someone would have told me, hey these are very very addictive. but until the past 4 years or so, i never heard anything about them. and they were so easy to get all them years ago. phil, i seen where u helped kayleighsmom with a schedule, think maybe you could help me with one? i would really appreciate it. i hope that you all can understand what i have written, not sure i do. and for kayleighsmom, i am so happy for you that you have gotten your kids back. you have been in my prayers, and i pray that you get kayleigh back soon. thanks to all and god bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2004, 08:42 PM   #2
Inactive

John 808 HB User
Re: help please with hydro addiction

Hi soblessed!

Yep, that "energy" is what got me hooked!

Like you, I would give anything if I could go back in time (about 3 and a half years ago) and "re-do" what I have done! I feel like I will NEVER feel normal and "happy on life" again. Do you feel that way?

I am glad you posted and hope that I can help in anyway I can! Are you currently taking- I guess so since you asked Phil for a taper! I could never taper- didn't have the will power. Maybe he can chime in with some advice for you. In the meantime, share anything you'd like with me and I'll be happy to lend an ear- I know exactly what you are going through!

Talk with you soon- K? Hang in there and God bless,
M

Last edited by John 808; 05-17-2004 at 07:34 AM.

Old 05-15-2004, 08:47 PM   #3

soblessed HB User

thank you so much. yes i am still taking the hydros. i am so scared and nervous. yes i have read a lot on these boards about the sub. i wish so much that i could talk with my dr about this. but she is a real real hard woman to talk to and sometimes she comes in, and doesnt look at me or even talk to me. i am on workers comp so, its hard to find a dr who takes wc. so i am stuck with her. i really dont thing she would help me, i think she would just tell me to deal with it. thanks for the reply, i really appreciate it. god bless you

Old 05-15-2004, 08:57 PM   #4
Inactive

John 808 HB User

Well, again, maybe Phil could give you some taper advice.

Do you or would you consider going to meetings? I have been to a few and even though I didn't "click" with most of the people there, I did come out thinking, "I want to be clean and I CAN do this!" I need to keep looking around until I find one that I like. From what I hear, meetings are vital to staying clean.

Post me anytime you want to talk,
M

Last edited by John 808; 05-17-2004 at 07:35 AM.

Old 05-16-2004, 11:39 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

windysan HB User

Again....I don't think there is a lot of success with tapering if you are a true addict. I suggest going into treatment. Opiate kick is horrible and you never want to have to do it again...right? Go get some help.

Life is Beautiful Without That Crap

Closed Thread