It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2004, 10:08 PM   #1
(male)

bobby56 HB User
Finally getting treatment for my addicition

Hi everyone, and thanks for those who have posted replies to my posts. I finally went to a psychiatrist on Friday, today is Saturday nite, and was given a diagnosis of Major Depression, and was prescribed Lexapro. As I stated in an earlier post, i was addicted to Ultram ( ) and recently started on generic Vicoprofen. I used this to color my depression but it only got worse til I knew I needed to get professional help, as I have been in the Mental Health field for 25 years. I am hoping that the Lexapro will help me with my tapering of the VPs as I need to get off of them especially since my psychiatrist also feels that I have underlying ADD, and will prescribe a stimulant to my medication regimen. Does anyone know how/if the the Lexapro will help me on my taper? Any suggestions from all of you knowledgeable ppl? I offer my thanks for all these past months of my sitting on the periphery and reading all of the posts here on the Boards. It has definitely helped me to decide to get a handle on my addiction. I look forward to hearing and posting with all of you. Thanks again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2004, 10:33 PM   #2
Inactive

John 808 HB User
Re: Finally getting treatment for my addicition

Congratulations on taking the step to get help!

The Lexapro will just help with depression and blahs- most of us find that when stopping an opiate- depression is one of the nasty side affects. I don't know anything about ADD- so I can't help you there! But, you will have a "heads up" on the depression.

How many VP's do you take daily? And your tapering? Best of luck to you and hope that all works out well. Take care and God bless,
M

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2004, 10:45 PM   #3
(male)

bobby56 HB User

Thanks for the reply and I am using bout 10+ vps a day specially when i felt depressed, gave me the euphoria. As I stated I just started today, 5/15 on the Lexapro and am still using the vps and am trying to taper. Any suggestions on the taper?

Old 05-16-2004, 09:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby56
Thanks for the reply and I am using bout 10+ vps a day specially when i felt depressed, gave me the euphoria. As I stated I just started today, 5/15 on the Lexapro and am still using the vps and am trying to taper. Any suggestions on the taper?
ONE THING THAT IS SUPPOSE TO HELP EASE W/DS A LITTLE BIT IS CLONODINE IT HELPS LOWERER YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE WHICH RAISES DURING W/D BUT ONCE THE LEXAPRO KICKS IN WHICH SHOULD TAKE A COUPLE WEEKS OR MORE IT SHOULD EASE THE DEPRESSION AND THE ANXIETY GOOD LUCK TO YOU ON THIS AND WE ARE ALL HERE TO SUPPORT YOU HUGS KELLEIGH THERE IS A POSTER ON THIS BOARD NAMED PHILSTER HE KNOWS ALOT ABOUT TAPERING IF YOU LOOK UNDER THE POST ENTITLED PHIL IT'S LIKE ON PAGE 4 OR 5 NOT SURE HE GAVE KAYLEIGHS MOM A TAPERING SCHEDULE MAYBE YOU COULD GO BY THAT HUGS AGAIN KELLEIGH

Last edited by no patience; 05-16-2004 at 09:43 AM.

Old 05-16-2004, 12:32 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

windysan HB User

I don't think tapering opiates is very successful. I would just kick the stuff and go into a treatment center if necessary. I would taper the Lexapro and get off of that brain dope too.

Closed Thread