It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2004, 02:56 PM   #1

PrincessPillpop HB User
7 days completely clean, ironic twist

Update. I've been completely clean from the vikes for 7 days now, and 3 days before I only took 1-2 a day. I never confessed to my husband or anyone else. But you know what? I feel good, really good. I don't know how you all feel about spirituality (I don't like religion, but I do have faith in God) and if you all remember I was struggling something fierce about telling my husband and family about my addiction and coming clean about stealing his mother's pills. I prayed about it, we're talking on my knees crying my eyes out begging for help praying. Anyway, I was doing a bible study and a verse popped out at me, Proverbs 17:9 "He who covers an offense seeks love", basically means to forget about it and keep quiet and take care of whatever problem the offense (stealing pills) caused as an offering to God. I can't begin to describe the relief I felt and how grateful I am for it. I spent that whole day crying from relief and thanking God. My withdrawal has not been bad, and the cravings are not so terrible. I'm not going to lie and say it's been a piece of cake because I get cravings every day but they're not nearly as bad as they were the other times I've quit. I truly believe I am going to make it this time. Hehe, here's the kicker.....yesterday and today I was pressure washing the pool deck, and I am a mass of aches and pains from pull starting the washer and bending over, with 2 days worth of lobster red sunburn. Today my mother in law came over as I was smearing icy-hot on my back and popping motrin and offered me a couple of vicodins! I was very tempted, and rationalized it that she's offering, it's not like I'm stealing them, and jeez I could sure use one for purely legitimate pain but I knew I'd be in for more trouble than it's worth if I took her up on it. I said the pain wasn't bad enough to be narcotic worthy and refused them. I'm proud of myself for doing that, because today I had a long bad craving and if I hadn't been doing so good so far I probably would have taken them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2004, 03:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Banker HB User
Re: 7 days completely clean, ironic twist

GREAT news! You are doing wonderfully! There is good news all over this board today. We are all behind you and extremely proud. Stay strong and keep on fighting the cravings. Someone on this board (actually many people) have said that every single day it will get easier.... you may have one or two really bad days but otherwise just take it day by day, hour by hour and you will get to a point to where you don't even think about the drugs... At least nothing like it is now. Congrats and don't look back... just look forward!

Old 05-22-2004, 06:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

congrats sounds like you're doing great i'm so happy for you and to say no about the hydros that was avery strong thing to do you must be so proud of yourself god will always be there to help you i know you said you don't like religion but just remember he's there to carry you the whole way i'm so happy for you i remember you're other thread and it seems like things have turned around considerably for you i just can't express enough how happy i am for you stay as strong as you are and continue to keep us posted on your progress YOU'RE DOING GREAT!!!!!!! luv kelleigh

Old 05-22-2004, 06:33 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

windysan HB User

Good Job !!! Don't ever go back.

Closed Thread