It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2004, 08:06 AM   #1

TimHeather HB User
Wink 5 Weeks!!!

It's been 5 weeks now since I've taken my last pill. I feel so much better. I think I'm through the worst of it. I've got my mind set to positive and there is no way I'm going back down that path. I've come to far to fall back down. Since I've stopped I've been experiencing anxiety but I will over come this too. Things are getting better as each day pass's. I can't even beging to explain the pride I feel towards myself for coming this far. Just thought I'd try and give others hope. The first three weeks suck, but it will and does get better, Wish all of you the best. Stay stronge!!!

Old 05-22-2004, 08:57 AM   #2
(female)

StarToo HB User
Re: 5 Weeks!!!

Congratulations! I am on my 5th week clean as well. It really gets better every day. It seemed that there were several people on the board that were quitting at the same time we were. I would love to hear from them. Keep staying strong. I think we have it beat! Star

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2004, 09:06 AM   #3
Inactive

Twinlynn HB User

Although I wasn't part of the "quitters' club"--just want to say congratulations. I just read some of your older posts. Well done! :-) Lynn

Old 05-23-2004, 09:31 AM   #4
(female)

KIMBEE HB User

I too want to congratulate you guys! Well done, but now the hard part kicks in, staying clean and fighting off those cravings, and yes they will come. Its a long road but have faith and be STRONG and you will do fine. Never give in thinking oh I could probably just take one, cause one is to many and 100 not enough. Thats were I always messed up, thinking I could take just one, and it started the process all over again. Hang in there, your doing great!!!

Old 05-23-2004, 03:22 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHeather
It's been 5 weeks now since I've taken my last pill. I feel so much better. I think I'm through the worst of it. I've got my mind set to positive and there is no way I'm going back down that path. I've come to far to fall back down. Since I've stopped I've been experiencing anxiety but I will over come this too. Things are getting better as each day pass's. I can't even beging to explain the pride I feel towards myself for coming this far. Just thought I'd try and give others hope. The first three weeks suck, but it will and does get better, Wish all of you the best. Stay stronge!!!
congrats on 5 weeks i read your other post on the panic disorder board when i came off methadone the anxiety definitly got me it lingered and had several panic attacks basically what happens i'm not a dr but we have to learn to deal with anxiety all over again and our brain is not back to normal yet try taking a vitamin b complex and drinking chamomile tea that's what i did it really does help alot i don't think your other situation you described is helping either unfortunatly my anxiety got the best of me and had to go on klonopin but i'm sure yours will subside i had a really severe w/d so i think thats what my problem is but things will get better for you soon i think you mentioned you're moving that's very stressful and forgive me if i'm wrong i think you said you don't like the in law situation so maybe once you get out of that things will go a little smoother for you again that's awesome you're doing great if this panic doesnt go away i suggest telling your dr i know what your going through hugs kelleigh

Last edited by no patience; 05-23-2004 at 03:29 PM.

Old 05-23-2004, 03:39 PM   #6

dschne HB User

Just wanted to say be proud of yourself,s and congrats . And that is so true now is the hard part I did the same thing but thaught I could take 1 NOPE cant becouse 1 does become 50 real quick beleive me,so stay strong and never quite the fight.Be strong when the devil tempts you and those pills will tempt you.Just look back on what you just went through and remeber so you wont go back again CONGRATS. Have a great sunday..............

Closed Thread