It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2004, 09:02 AM   #1

staceyy HB User
I am out of my funk!

Hi all Thing seem to be getting back to normal. this is going to be quick my favorit john wayne movie is going to start. I got a paying job at a drug program I use to be in part time on call night supreviser 4 to5 days a month to start I'll get bact to you latter todat just wanted to share
Goddess bless
Stacey

Old 05-22-2004, 09:09 AM   #2
Inactive

Twinlynn HB User
Re: I am out of my funk!

Oh, Stacey! I am soooooooo happy for you. I was hoping that a post like that from you would pop up real soon--and it has! I want to hear all about your new job when you have a chance. :-) love, lynn

PS Enjoy your John Wayne flick. I enjoy old horror movies, myself "The Mummy", etc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2004, 05:41 PM   #3

staceyy HB User

Lynn, Hey girl how are you okay so the job it's at a place called palloma house it's is part of the company my case manager works for her boyfriend runs it. I guess my team got together and said lets do somthing. They had seen me go though so many interviews and get crushed and there is not a thing these people don't noe about me so I don't have to pretend expcially when my symptoms start to flare Like I said to begin with it is on call 4 to 5 nights a month 10.00 an hr 12 hour shifts. There will be a problem in 1 to 3 mounths I have to go through an F.B.I. back check and we all know I wont pass but my boss Dave said there is a way around it and he's going to walk me through it when it happens. in the mean time I will stay on my S.S.I. and if it dose work out to full time well h--- it's my way of being just a little more normal now isn't it. Movie I am a huge movie buff the movie this morning was the Cowboys on of my favorits But I love thrillers scary comedy as long as it is good. the movie this morning had Slim Picken in it who I meet when I was about 7 He had a huge horse ranch up in twain heart Ca and we broke down with our horses about a block away he ranch hands fixed the truck and we haad lunch with slim talk about a blast form the past you have never seen so many old cowboys in your life. any ways high light storey of my messed up life. I have missed you guys but you have been in my thoughts and prayers. has any one heard from mertidith? she jus kind of vanished. Glad to see lisa is back too. I got post to read so see ya tomarrow
Luv and Hugs
Goddess Bless
Stacey

Old 05-23-2004, 05:15 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisaaahubb HB User

Staceyy....so good to hear about your new job!!!! This must be a tremendous confidence builder!!!! I am thrilled that things are finally going your way. You certainly deserve this.
How has your weekend been>????? Mine is o.k....kinda boring and the kids are driving me NUTS!!!,,,, drive me here, i need money for the movies, what's for dinner, can so & so come over....the list goes on and on....Gosh i need a vacation so bad. They are running me day and night till i freakin drop. I really want to get myself better so i can pursue a job and get a "real" life Being home day after day can really drive a person crazy or should i say "crazier" LOL LOL
Well just wanted to say Congrats!!!!!!!!
luv ya much,
LISA

Old 05-23-2004, 06:13 AM   #5
Inactive

sadsister HB User

Staceyy-
So glad to hear you got out of your funk...YAY!!!
Sounds like a great gig..you need a boost-and you got it!
All this hard work means something...
You deserve the best-Go for the gold!
Got so much going on-don't know where to begin-lots of family issues.
So tired-just finished my 7 month move-after this last load this morning-then im into all the chores of the week..noooo!
Good news!Glad to hear things are looking up/
Goddess Bless-blessed Be.
Heather

Old 05-23-2004, 06:28 AM   #6
Inactive

Twinlynn HB User

Hi, Stacey!

Wow! Slim Picken--I sure do remember him! When I was a kid I thought that name was so funny!! I used to be crazy about westerns...and crazy about horses (tho I didn't get to take riding lessons until I was in my 20's!!!) As a child, I wanted so much to live on a ranch or a farm...but my parents were city-born and bred....and the furthest we ever got to the "country" was moving to a house in the suburbs!! Ugh.

I still think horse riding is one of the best sports in the world and I have such great memories of lots of riding and trekking during the years I lived in England.

Let us know how your new job goes. Sounds like some nice people surround you. I am SO happy for you. :-)

xxx Lynn xxx

Closed Thread