It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2004, 06:36 PM   #1

TeresaB24 HB User
What is wrong with me???????

Yesterday I was thinking of dropping a old computer monitor on my foot. Just so I can get pain killers.

I Didn't go through it, I chickened out at least 4 times before deciding that it would be just to much pain to deal with.

Im also Addicted to tylenol PM. I started a thread on it awhile back but forgot about.

No I don't the Tylenol Pms to help me sleep. I take them becasue I like the groogy feeling they give me. I take 3 at time at least twice a day. I have gone a day or two without them and I sleep fine without them.

My drug addiction started 2 years ago when I was diagnosed with Endometrisos. Since then Ive been on Percs at least 6 times, Vics at least 5, Darvocet at least 6 times aswell. And a few other prescription pain killers. SInce Ive stopped taking the pain killers I started taking the tylenol pm. It started because I couldnt sleep one night, Ive just never stopped taking them.

What is wrong with me, why am I doing this to myself and my body?
Will I ever be able to stop without help from a doctor?

Thanks for reading.
Teresa

Old 05-23-2004, 07:00 PM   #2
Inactive

SnowyLynne63 HB User
Re: What is wrong with me???????

You are ruining your liver by taking all that medicine...........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2004, 09:29 PM   #3

TeresaB24 HB User

I know that what im doing is ruining my liver and other organs.

Im looking for advice on how to stop. NOT what it is doing to my body.

I came here for help.

Teresa

Last edited by TeresaB24; 05-23-2004 at 09:30 PM.

Old 05-24-2004, 03:40 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

windysan HB User

If you are off the opiates then you might not need treatment. I suggest going to NA meetings and learning about the disease of addiction. Yep, the tylenol is cooking your liver....just throw them away.

Old 05-24-2004, 05:09 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaB24
Yesterday I was thinking of dropping a old computer monitor on my foot. Just so I can get pain killers.

I Didn't go through it, I chickened out at least 4 times before deciding that it would be just to much pain to deal with.

Im also Addicted to tylenol PM. I started a thread on it awhile back but forgot about.

No I don't the Tylenol Pms to help me sleep. I take them becasue I like the groogy feeling they give me. I take 3 at time at least twice a day. I have gone a day or two without them and I sleep fine without them.

My drug addiction started 2 years ago when I was diagnosed with Endometrisos. Since then Ive been on Percs at least 6 times, Vics at least 5, Darvocet at least 6 times aswell. And a few other prescription pain killers. SInce Ive stopped taking the pain killers I started taking the tylenol pm. It started because I couldnt sleep one night, Ive just never stopped taking them.

What is wrong with me, why am I doing this to myself and my body?
Will I ever be able to stop without help from a doctor?

Thanks for reading.
Teresa

i actually responded to your first post i looked up tylenol pm addiction and was amazed how many people are addicted to it people don't think it's possible but it is they said to slowly taper off it i would ask your dr or addictionologist about it cause they did'nt mention how to taper hope i helped you alittle bit keep me posted ok and great job getting off the opiates if you need support i'm here ok hugs and god bless kelleigh

Last edited by no patience; 05-24-2004 at 06:58 AM.

Old 05-24-2004, 06:23 AM   #6
Inactive

John 808 HB User

What is wrong with you? You are an addict! Just like I am! I have done the same thing as far as "creating problems" to get pain meds- was always too afraid to call in scripts or steal script pads (for the sake of not going to jail and leaving childen behind) but never-the-less, I came up with ways to get them.

My advice would be, if you are off the opiates (pain meds), start attending some meetings or find an addictionologist you can share all this with and see what he or she suggests and in the meantime, try to get as much exercise as possible! You need to boost your own natural endorphins (to begin to feel good again- which may take some time).

Looks like you are now facing the psychological aspect of it and count your blessings as many here are still enduring physical as well as psychological withdrawals!

I feel for you as I have and am still right there with you! I hope that others will offer some advice and maybe you can put a "game plan" for yourself together. Hang in there!!! I wish you the best and God give you strength,

M

Old 05-24-2004, 08:06 AM   #7

lilmissprissy72 HB User

Hello,
I just read your post,I am a person that was on pain killers as well.I am on day 2 of being without them.If your are off of them i have to say to you,STAY OFF of them.I have been through a living hell.The withdraws are AWFUL...Please don't drop no computer on your foot to get pain pills.That should tell you something in itself.You are a addict,You see I as well have a addictive personallity.I was once a crack addict,I got clean and stayed clean for 4 years.Until I found these lortabs and i was like I have a back problem,I Need them...Well I realize I was justifying My addiction..I would advise you to if you can go to a n/a meeting go to one.If you can't, i would suggest to just put the tylenol down.THROW everyhting in your house related to tylenol away.When your head starts to talk to you,Tell it No i will not do this to my body.I don't need you and then do something constructive.Find something to do that will take your mind off of the feeling you get from the tylenol.Replace it with a good feeling instead of a goofy one.I feel for you,take it from someone who is going through hell right now,If you never take another pill you are allowing your body to heal.After all you owe it to yourself...May god bless and good luck to you....

Old 05-24-2004, 08:29 AM   #8
Inactive

John 808 HB User

Rhonda,

May I suggest some things to help you through the next couple of days?

Get some-
Immodium (for tummy problems)
Motrin or Advil (for aches)
Benedryl (for runny nose and eyes and sneezing and may help with sleep)
L-Tyrosine (supplement for energy)
Epsom salt (for hot, hot baths for muscle aches)

Get some (prescription)-
Xanax or Valium (two or three days worth ONLY for the shakes, anxiety and may help you sleep)
Bentyl (for tummy problems)

And ofcourse, EXERCISE!

Good luck and God bless,

M

Last edited by John 808; 05-24-2004 at 08:35 AM.

Old 05-24-2004, 08:38 AM   #9

TeresaB24 HB User

I found it alot easier to get off the pain meds then the Tylenol PM. Im not sure why that is. I even realized that I was becoming addicted to Ultrams, at one point I was taking four a time. I told my doctor that and he took me off of them and put me on Zoloft. I found the Zoloft really didnt help. Right now I do not have insurance so getting any other type of anti-depressant is not going to be easy.

I know that im ruining my liver by taking the tylenol's put I cant seem to stop. As im typing this I just took 3 , my first 3 for the day.

Right now im not having any sort of stomach problems and my endo isnt bothering me as much as it used to.

Thanks for all the suggestions I will try to find a addictionologist, not sure how to find one but I will look in the phone book and on the web. I need to do this for my 3yo son and myself, Im not the same person when I take these I become grumpy and very irratable.

Teresa

Old 05-24-2004, 03:27 PM   #10

Twist Of Fate! HB User

ok, im not a woman but I know a little about medicine, You said you have endometriosis, I hear that can be very painful so you're in a bit of a nutshell,

Tylenol PM works a little different than plain acetaminophen, it's an antihistamine like, (Vistaril, Benadryl) if you have very low tolerance, you will depend on these meds just like benzos, they'll cause mild sedation and if you're an OTC drug user you'll like the effects of tylenol PM, You'll also have trouble stopping them as well if taken every day, insomnia, tremor, breathing and allergy problems. (John 3:16, Michelle right? been a while) great advise, I always say motrin, Epsom Salt works great and makes you feel very clean But i would 86 the Valium and the Xanax because that may open up a bigger can of worms only if 3 days worth... be back,,,,

Old 05-24-2004, 07:01 PM   #11

staceyy HB User

teresa, Hi, I know you got upset with one of the post but with any drug we take we are destroying our selves. and I know that you know that. There is nothing wrong with you that is not wrong with all of us we are self destructeive people looking for a way to kill the pain physical or mental dosen't matter I have no advice aabout tylenol he-- I could take a whole bottle and not fell any thing and I didn't know it was addictive. but treat it lke any other addiction slow it down tapper off go to some meetings they might help and about the self injury thing have you done it befor? because I have done it since about 12 But not to get drugs for different resons becarful with it. it is contajuss and all so addictive like have you every heard that herion addict become just as addicted to there needle as they do so so true
If you want to talk I am here please be careful
Goddess Bless
Stacey

Closed Thread