It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2004, 01:46 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

mochi* HB Usermochi* HB User
how much is too much?

Hi,
Until recently I have been a moderate drinker, got drunk once a month maximum, and the occasional cocktail or glass of wine. But, about five months ago, I broke up with my partner/best friend of three years. I didn't take it well. I got very depressed and started drinking to help me sleep and to ease the pain. I have gotten better overall, but the drinking has persisted. I drink alone almolst every night, just two drinks usaually right before bed. There have been a few instances in the last three months thast I've gotten really drunk at a party or at the bar, then been hungover and deeply depressed the wholw next day. I cannot tell if this qualifies as an addiction or not. I am guessing that I have developed a bit of a dependency on alcohol. Any imput would be much appreciated. Also, how fattening is alohol?

Last edited by mochi*; 05-24-2004 at 01:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2004, 04:37 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

windysan HB User
Re: how much is too much?

I don't really know. Controlled drinking versus alcoholism? The alcoholics I know, well, they can't have just 2 drinks at night....they drink 2 and they are going to drink until they pass out drunk. Try stopping for 2 weeks and see how you feel. If you still feel antsy after 2 weeks then you might have a problem. The first few days you'll feel antsy but see how you feel at 2 weeks. Booze does have a lot of sugar in it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread