It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2004, 07:34 AM   #1
Inactive

John 808 HB User
Question Question for Root!

Hey there stranger!

Read your post to Lisa and saw how well you are doing and feeling and wanted to ask you how long before you started feeling decent?

That is my problem, I can get through the first three or four days and then when the lethargy and blahs set in, it is just too much for me (with three little ones and a husband and a house to clean and errands to run, etc)! I literally feel like I CANNOT FUNCTION and that thought "beats me in the ground."

My problem with the meetings is, I could go at night, but, they are located in very bad parts of town. And, I swear (and you know me by now) that that is not an excuse! Just last year, someone was shot and killed attending one of these meetings (a man). And here I am, a woman, pulling up in my Mercedes SUV- I feel like I have a target on my head. My husband won't let me go! He says, "Sorry, you'll have to find another one, because I am not going to risk having your raped or killed!" And I know that sounds far-fetched, but it is true unfortunately. I called about some others and some places have a guard on duty, but they ALL are in bad areas!

And then, there is the lingering thought that I will never feel normal much less "high on life" again. So, what would you suggest to me?

Root, I am so happy for you! We have posted awhile now and I couldn't wish this for anyone as much as you, but, can I be honest? It is discouraging to hear so many success stories here lately and know that I am not one of them? And I don't know how to be? Does that make sense? And again, please know I am so proud of you and happy that you are putting your life back together!

Hope to hear from you soon,
M

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2004, 05:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisaaahubb HB User
Re: Question for Root!

Hi Root and Michelle!!!!!
Root....i just wanted you to know how very happy i am for you. You have been through hell to get where you are today and you are living proof that with the correct tools an addict can get sober and stay that way. I really believe you are right in only being around sober people and attending as many meetings as you can. I know for a fact, once i stopped the meetings, everything started going wrong. Meetings do really help with the mental aspect of getting on with your life w/out those little devils.
So i just wanted to say a quick "HI" and let you know how very proud i am of you. Try to keep us informed on your progress...you are top-notch in my book!

Michelle....do you have an appt. with the addictionologist today??????? I am so anxious to hear what they are going to do. Do you think i am crazy for considering suboxone????? I am just deathly afraid that i will be doing well on it and then BAM...somethings happens and they yank you off of it. It really sounds worse to get off of than the hydros, which i am having a hard enough time with. I am doing around 7 a day now.....did go up to 12 there for awhile, but am taking Chef's advice and trying to taper and straighten my act out so i can help other's in our situation.
Michelle, i have been thru so much ***** in my life, and i will tell you that getting off of these dam pills are the hardest thing i have EVER encountered. So don't get so down on yourself. We are all here struggling to lead a "normal" life. I have been wanting to post and talk to you but whenever i go on the board i don't see too much of you around anymore.
Well i hope we can chat soon, and good luck with the doctor.
luv,
LISA

Old 06-01-2004, 09:35 PM   #3
Veteran

Root HB User

Michele I am sory I didn't answer you sooner but I have been so busy lately and I go to at least 4 meetings a week so I have not been on the board so much at all lately. I think it took me about 4 weeks to realy start feeling like my old self. The worse was the blahs you talk of. I had no enrgy at all but then the detox doc added Zyprexa to the Lexapro and things started to move very fast from then on in the right direction. I am about 6 weeks clean now and I honest don't have any cravings at all. It's like I never used the hydros. I have also a new pain doc and he give me an epidural and I have no pain exept on very humid days. I am so hapy and I feel so close to God now. I hope this helps you and I sure would like to know how you are doing. I send you lots of positive enrgy and I pray for you and evry one here all the time.

Old 06-01-2004, 09:37 PM   #4
Veteran

Root HB User

Oh I forgot to say a big HI to you Lisa. Thank you for being so positive for me and it feels so genuine coming from you. You know I am not a one to ask about sub because it caused me not a thing but big trouble. You got off hydro before and I bet you can do it again if you get back to your meetings, huh? I am praying for you and sending you lots of positive enrgy. You were one of the people on the board that gave me hope. Now may be I can give you some?

Closed Thread