It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2004, 07:06 PM   #1

staceyy HB User
compation!!!

I read some post today that upset me a little. empathy needs to be use here every one is good about it most of the time but people who come here are so lost and may-be this is there first time kid gloves. If Iv'e bent any one speak up I will not take it personally just some thing I noticed okay.
Goddess Bless
Stacey

Old 05-24-2004, 07:11 PM   #2

dschne HB User
Re: compation!!!

If it was me I am so sorry didnt mean to be just trying to help and agree with you 100% once the fog lifts you kinda forget how your mind felt before......
I say prayers for this whole board every morning and hope all of us can see that light at the end of the tunnel.
Dan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2004, 09:29 AM   #3

staceyy HB User

dan. I really don't rember who said what. my memory is shot. I just believe that an addict is addict is an addict and we need to treat every one should be good and have empathy for every one here after all isn't that why we come here looking for some one anyone to help us and if we are not understanding we loss them
Goddess Bless
Stacey

Old 05-25-2004, 11:40 AM   #4
Veteran

Best Friend HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyy
I read some post today that upset me a little. empathy needs to be use here every one is good about it most of the time but people who come here are so lost and may-be this is there first time kid gloves. If Iv'e bent any one speak up I will not take it personally just some thing I noticed okay.
Goddess Bless
Stacey
Thanks, Stacey. You are so right. If this is someone's first time on the Board - maybe their first time ever sharing their 'personal hell" - then, empathy will be a lot more effective in keeping them amongst us and maybe even getting them to battle to get their life back. Very good reminder!
Alice

Old 05-25-2004, 04:40 PM   #5

staceyy HB User

Thanks Alice, I just hope I hurt no ones feeling by standing my belifs thanks for the boost
Goddess Bless
Stacey

Old 05-25-2004, 08:22 PM   #6

TeresaB24 HB User

Thanks, Stacey. I know a certain post upset me because it wasn't what I was expecting. But the others made me feel alot better.

Its hard for someone to admitt they are addicted to something, and its even harder to ask for help.

Im so sorry im crying because its such a low point in my life and I wanted some sort of encourgement its so hard for me to do this. even if this is over the internet and not in person, it doesnt make it any easier. I like feeling so alone and I know that if I can come here I want be, someone will be willing to reach out and help me.

Teresa

Closed Thread