It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2004, 07:38 AM   #1

lifesride HB User
Post Here we go...

Hello All,

My hubby and I are new to the board and have both decided to give up marijuana use to concetrate on having a family.

I guess our main reason for being here is support

Our quit date is scheduled for may 30th and we are using this week as a trial run. No pot for the week - its been 1 hour and I am alreeady craving huge

I know we can do this.... but it seems like it is going to be very hard.

My hubby is my greatest concern - he has been a pot/drug user for over 25 years. I have been a user for 16 years. I have quit before for 6 months but found it easy to jump back into toking with both feet...i know i can do this...

We really want to make this happen b/c we both want to work on having a baby. And want to take on this new life CLEAN.

How long do you think the withdrawal will last? What withdrawal symtpoms have you all experienced? How did you deal with it?

Last edited by lifesride; 05-25-2004 at 07:40 AM. Reason: that darn spelling

Old 05-25-2004, 02:42 PM   #2
Inactive

farmboy7 HB User
Re: Here we go...

I don't understand. You are quitting on the 30th but you have already quit?

I have found that quitting pot for me was easier in stages. The first day should not be that bad and you should be able to sleep. But I found it difficult to sleep the second night. So I used to alternate smoking one day and not the next. You should also only smoke just once a few hours before bed just so you can sleep, not all day. Then cut down even on your days of smoking to just a few tokes before bed.

Other than sleeping problems there are very few side effects from quitting and it's mostly psychological so if you really want to quit you are half way there. You will probably have to avoid situations where others may be toking, including alcohol which will lower your resistance to saying no.

I would say do a week or two of alternating days of toking and not and then give it up completely. After one week or so of very mild withdrawals it should be all over!

Just my ideas ,everyone is different.

farmboy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread