It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2004, 04:51 PM   #1

Juliahh HB User
desperately need help

Hi, I am glad I found this board. I've been taking ultram for about 2 months...I am now taking 13 a day. I don't like the way they make me feel anymore. I am constantly nauseous and I'm now about 25 lbs underweight. I'm going on a cruise in 4 days. If I continue the ultram, I worry about nausea on the boat. If I quit now, I worry about going through withdrawals on this once in a lifetime adventure. I have done this before and the withdrawals were very bad. I am scared right now. Can God make this ok??? Can I? Love, Juliahh

Old 05-25-2004, 07:53 PM   #2

TeresaB24 HB User
Re: desperately need help

I used to be addicted to Ultrams.

I had to stop, I was taking 3 at a time and at all times day and night. They made me stay up all night.

I didn't notice if I lost any weight on them or not. But in 2 years I went from 125 to 95. ( I weighed less then that before I got pregnant, and I wasnt addicted to anything at the time either)

Anyways I finally had to stop. I was afraid I was going to overdose and die in my sleep, and leave my (then 1 1/2 yo) son without his mommy. I Flushed whatever remaining pills I had left down the toilet, tore off the paper around the bottle so that I didnt go get more, and most importantly I told my doctor.

I went off them cold turkey, ( I wish I can do that now.) I had severe headaches for about a week but after that I was fine. My energy went up and so did my strength.

I wish all the best for you and hope that you can get off them with little withdrawl syptoms, but I know everyone is not the same.

Teresa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2004, 08:22 PM   #3

MommyT777 HB User

Hey Juliahh-

I'm Tracy and I too was highly addicted to Ultram for about 6 years off and on. My doctors always told me that coming off of them was about the equivalent of Heroin, which scared me half to death, so I prolonged it even further. In FL, we have a hotline called Ask A Nurse which I called and they told me you can go into seizures if you quit cold turkey, which scared me even further. They suggested weining off of them but that has never worked for me because I would just end up taking a crap load as soon as I started to feel crappy. I also took 2-3 at a time about once every hour,maybe hour and a half if I was busy that day. Like Teresa, they made me stay up all night and the "good" feelings in the beginning soon went away.

As you know, Ultram is bad news and I just want to give a little warning to all the people out there who think that just because they are non-narcotic that you won't get hooked. Let me tell you- YOU WILL. And doctors don't mind giving out this crap, which is really scary. Even Ultracet (less Ultram with Tylenol added) is bad news.

Anyways, hang in there girl. You know what to do. You know what you will do! If you want to try and w/d before the trip, try to get some Benadryl, Clonadine, Vitamin B-12, a seperate Multi-vitamin, Immodium, and lots of prayer!! Good luck in whatever you decide!! I'll be praying for you and a safe trip!

Tracy

Old 05-25-2004, 09:13 PM   #4

TeresaB24 HB User

I hear you Tracy. I had 120 ultrams per bottle with 4 refills thats a whole lot of pills.

Truth be told I was not on them long 6 months and I realized I was addicted to them and basically like I said scared myself off of them. Now im trying the same tatic with something else.

Juliahh, I wish you luck hon, and Ill say a prayer for you. Like my grandma says you can never have to many people praying for you.

Teresa

Old 05-25-2004, 09:31 PM   #5

MommyT777 HB User

Teresa, that was my exact script amount because you're SUPPOSED to take 4 a day. A 30 day supply- YEAH RIGHT. I stopped taking those and chose Percocet!!!!

We'd like to hear from ya Juliahh! Let us know how you're doing!!

Tracy

Old 05-27-2004, 08:17 AM   #6

jenny1973 HB User

I was addicted to ultram as well. Started off with the vikes, but when they got too hard to get I started taking ultram thinking it wasn't as bad. Boy was I wrong. I quit CT thru a detox program and am 6 weeks clean. It can be done, but its not an easy road. However, so rewarding. I never wanna see one of those little white pills again. I also lost alot of weight too, but have been putting it back on since I have been clean. I definitely think they mess with your appitite. Forget about the cruise..get off these pills while you have the mindset to do so. You can do it!!
Good Luck!!
Jenny

Closed Thread