It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2004, 11:27 PM   #1
Inactive

doggreensector HB User
I have decided not to post until 6 weeks clean

I will be bowing out for awhile until I have been off of the vikes for 6 weeks. I am starting to feel that I am coming on here to just whine and complain about my addiction. I don't feel that this is helping. I am checking out a recovery program through my church and I am going to start going tommorrow. I wish you all the best and thank you for your understanding. But for right now I think that I need to sign off and will return when I have some time under my belt.

Goodbye
Keith

Old 05-26-2004, 05:00 AM   #2
Inactive

sadsister HB User
Re: I have decided not to post until 6 weeks clean

Go for it keith-wish you all good things-i hope you find yourself/peace/faith-in your recovery.
When you come back clean-your inspiration will be a blessing to us all.
You don't have to leave-to get clean-but if you feel sad/alone-or hurting you know this board will be here-if you need support-or help..please ask!
Complaining is ok-we all need to vent-but im glad to hear you are getting involved in a program-
Good luck-and hang in there!
Heather

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2004, 08:47 AM   #3
Inactive

John 808 HB User

Hey Keith,

I just responded to you on your other thread!

Just wanted to say please don't leave just because you are not clean and come on the boards to "vent." I started posting almost a year ago and was beginning a maintenance drug, subutex, at the time and was claiming "victory" over drugs! Do you know how many times I have relapsed since then? I, too, felt like I should stop posting for the fear of sounding hypocritcal and for the mere fact that people were "giving up on me." That has not been the case! I still receive the same amount of support here as I did on day one and you will, too! Just some food for thought!

I do wish you the very, very best! Assuming, since you are looking through your church, that you believe in some sort of religion, I believe, you will have a "heads up" on your battle because of the stength you will find through God! I am hoping and praying the same goes for me!
Again, hang in there and POST ANYTIME YOU WANT!

M

Old 05-26-2004, 11:21 AM   #4
Inactive

doggreensector HB User

Thanks guys,

Talk with you in six weeks or however long it takes me to get clean and sober. This is something I think I need to do right now. Thank you for your support.

Keith

Old 05-27-2004, 04:12 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

i posted on your other thread good luck to you and i'll be praying for you the whole time i'm not just saying that i pray for everyone on the boards before bed every night hope you post before six weeks if you need to vent we are here when i joined i was going through methadone w/ds and it helped me so much to know i wasnt alone it's a very lonely period and when i was home alone and sat there feeling so empty i came on the boards and it got me thrugh some pretty rough times just a thought but if it is better for you not to post then you do what you feel is right for you not everyone is the same so maybe not posting is you're way of healing you're in my thoughts and prayers keith stay strong ok luv kelleigh

Closed Thread