It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2004, 05:49 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

Banker HB User
Need everyone's help. have questions about Sub

Can you see the 'banker' thread and please help me during this. For anyone that has already come off of Sub, please tell me everything. For those of you that tried and were unsuccessful, please tell me what happened? How bad was it? Shoot straight.... I need to know what I'm in for.

Thank you.

Last edited by Banker; 06-04-2004 at 10:46 PM. Reason: I was stupid...

Old 06-02-2004, 05:32 AM   #2
Inactive

sadsister HB User
Re: Need everyone's help. coming off of Sub

Banker-
Whats going on????Looking for thread-whats up?Im freaking-you online-write now please-im worried-do you want this??
Heather

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2004, 10:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Banker HB User

Hey - it's up on the top of the list. I can't take the constipation and the weight situation. I cannot take it. The constipation is causing some severe pain here and there and the weight is screwing w/my mind. I just can't take it anymore!!!!! Now, if I go to my sub doc on Fri and he gives me meds that will actually work and get my weight down and the bathroom issue resolved, then I will reconsider... but right now, I just can't take it anymore...

Old 06-02-2004, 06:37 PM   #4

dschne HB User

Banker I am so sorry to hear you like this remeber you are the same person who insired me.Look I had the same prob with the poo issue I would rather eat dried fruit use fleet if needed than take hydro its worth it. Please reconsider this the weight thing isnt that bad sweetie you said 146 awhile back I will take a 146lb beautiful women any day, and so will you so stop worrying about those minor things and keep focused on the important things like your life and your kids and god loves you no matter what so pray.I AM FOR YOU RIGHT NOW.
DAN

Old 06-02-2004, 06:46 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

Banker HB User

So the dried fruit really worked for you? What else? Tell me anything and everything I can do to help w/that issue. You know how much I think Sub has saved my life but gosh, two days ago I was doubled over in pain and I got a glimpse of myself in the mirror after the shower and I'm disgusting... I HATE it. Anyway... have you had weight gain and if not, how come? Are you hungrier than usual? Thank you for posting to me and for caring.

Old 06-02-2004, 07:09 PM   #6

dschne HB User

Yes big time dried peaches plums and I love cherries so them also and a few cups of coffe in the morning and 80% of the time all is ok and when it doesnt work fleet sup the instant ones my sub doc said its ok to use.Actually I complained to him about the same thing and he said its better than being high right so deal with it and do what you have to to POO......

Old 06-02-2004, 07:12 PM   #7

dschne HB User

And yes I have had weight gain but mine is not fat weight gain it muscle becouse of the gym.Also lots of fluids water etc helps to keep things moving and dont let it get to that point doubleing over take care of buisness daily however you need to if the fruit didnt work then grab a fleet you wont last more than 5 mins after one of those I promise.

Old 06-03-2004, 04:43 AM   #8
Inactive

sadsister HB User

Banker-
I was really worried-i thought you might have been dealing w/ the immediate-"taking you down now"-ill be off this in 6-8 months no matter what according to my dr...not psyched...
Ok heres the pep talk-cos you know ive gained 30 lbs as well..im 5'5 155 lbs..from 125 lbs..since i started the sub-i have been doing the slim in 6 program(at home-dvd/video series-weight loss)..in this first month ive lost 6 lbs-i was 161 lbs-this has been very depressing to me- i also have to eat dried plums/raisins/fiber cereal/and fruit-to go to the bathroom and i still skip days occaisonally-but mostly including those things in your diet will promote going to the bathroom.
The weight loss is slow-cos the urge to eat the wrong things prevails-the salt/sweet- munchies..
But i now have a little more energy and i do it 5x a week-if i can keep working on my diet-im trying maybe it will keep working and ultimately i will lose weight-my husband has been doing it since january-hes dropped 30 lbs-and many inches-
So-its tough-i gotta get up early-so i can fit it in-cos im too wiped out after work-i do 20 min cardio-and 10 min abs...
There is a differance and its only been a month-the consistency helps-achieve the results-its slower cos the sub-but its benenificial even just knowing im trying-and my stomach and face is not as puffy as before.
So-its basically finding a half hour in your day-which is doable for most-
What im saying is YOU CAN DO IT_i know how you feel-cos im in the same place-i turned down this big reunion gig-w/ a fave singer of mine-cos im feeling uncomfortable aboutmy body-that stinks-its holding me back from doing things-going out-cos i don't feel right in my body-
Can i help you-we could be virtual w/o partners-something-i think we could really help each other-we were gonna do that at one point-have an off-topic thread-
Eat some dried fruit-and i would try the fleet for a good clean out-i think it may help-please let me know how you appt goes-i am concerned ms.banker.
heather

Old 06-03-2004, 12:22 PM   #9

Twist Of Fate! HB User

I know NO ONE on this board ever listens to ANYTHING I ever say but ill level with you because I promise you, I dont give my information from google or any physician that I dont personaly know.

Buprenorphine treatment was started for many reasons and 98% of those reason were to be 100 steps above methadone. Two main reasons, to eradicate the clinic system and to eradicate unwanted side effects from methadone. One big issue with methadone was weight gain, To some, this might be from over eating and it triggers a bit of a sweet tooth. After having such bad eating and exercise habbits for so long your metabolism isn't quite what it used to be. To a lot it's edema, in these cases you'll notice your face getting very swole. Well, they're finding suboxone is causing that also but at a slower rate, when I was on MMT I jumped from 145 lbs to 220 in a little over 6 months. After I discontinued I made way back down to 150 lbs and hit the gym pretty quite and now at a good lean 160. That made me a HUGE diabetic risk at that time and water retention is always a risk of pulmonary edema. Constipation is a bigger risk for bowel obstruction.

If you're going to stay on this program I suggest you work out VERY hard, (not fall asleep on the bench ) Drink lots of green tea as it works very well as a diuretic. If it's more rapid, your Doctor might put you on a prescription one. And prune juice is the worlds finest natrual laxative.

dschne - look up what bowel obstruction and over use of fleets can do to ones GI track and then you can go back and tell your doctor that he/she is a moron for saying "deal with it"......

CADE

Last edited by Twist Of Fate!; 06-03-2004 at 12:25 PM.

Old 06-03-2004, 06:51 PM   #10

dschne HB User

Twist excuse me was just sharing MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE to help not trying to hurt any one and glad you can call a Dr. you dont even know who may have mad a mistake and call him a moron sorry wont go in and tell him that. I havent had to use the fleet except a few times so couldnt of been any worse then the 50 hydros 2 ambien 2 xanax A DAY I was taking so thank you I am doing just fine.-

Old 06-03-2004, 06:58 PM   #11

dschne HB User

Oh and also twist just to add to your weight thing I am 5ft 10in male weight 265 and waist is 36 so hitting the gym hard is the only thing I liked in that msg I am a pro gym person but also I have the time to go everyday so that has become my habit of choice again rather than the pills.And for anybody ever wondering about taking a drug test while on SUBOXONE I did take a test at my wifes request early about 3 weeks ago and have been on for 5 weeks and passed showed negative for any opiates.

Old 06-03-2004, 07:22 PM   #12
Senior Veteran

Banker HB User

Dan,

I've been working out... but not enough. The problem is that I'm eating just too damn much. Today was stressful as tomorrow is my daughter's b'day and me and my ex are having a 'joint' party and long story short.... I got really ******. So I ate about 4 slim fast bars tonight. However, just like addicts do, I'll get back on my plan of healthy eating and working out. I'm not lifting enough weights so I bought this pilates CD and it's pretty tough. I imagine it will help with my abs and I have an exercise eliptical machine as well as a stepper so I do those as well.... Surely those are adding muscle, right? Not just cardio???? 'Cause my legs hurt like hell when I'm done. lol

Anyway, keep in touch w/me, please. You don't know what you have done by telling me I made a difference for you. It means the world to me. I'm glad to know that someone else isn't suffering. Oh, and as far as the suppository... as long as there is no stimulant in it (which I KNOW there isn't w/fleet), then there is no risk of being dependant.... my doc said same thing... he said no more than 3 times a week and I would NOT become dependant... but it sounds like you've got it down to a science to where you don't even need it that much. Twist has a lot of useful information but sometimes it just comes across a little harsh. Twist, I posted to you.... I'm going to go look to see if you saw it.

Dan, take care and we'll talk again soon!

Old 06-03-2004, 09:41 PM   #13

sammi HB User

Hi Banker, sorry I have posted to you lately. Things have been really crazy on this end. I am so proud of you for coming off the Sub. You are a much stronger person than you give yourself credit for. My husband has been traveling quite a bit lately. He usually will leave Sunday night and return Friday and needless to say by the time he gets home I'm ready to die! I don't know how you single moms do it by yourselves. There is NO way I could. I'm not kidding, if we ever divorced, not planning on it--at least not today, but anyway I would be the one to want weekend visitations. Isn't that horrible? Okay, maybe not exactly, but I wouldn't fight him if he wanted them most of the time. My whole point here is I don't know how you do it day in and day out.

So how are you planning to taper off the sub/ I know my sub Dr said when I'm ready to come off I could decrease my dosage every 3-4 days. But I know every Dr is different.
Sorry to hear that you're having so many problems with BM's. That really sucks. Even before the Sub I only went about twice a week and that's still about all I'm doing. I can't believe the Sub made you put on so much weight. I haven't noticed that problem yet, but I've only been on it for three months now. I do have to admit that the Sub really helps with my back pain. I have not had to take any advil or other pain meds for the pain.
I also just wanted to let you know that my husband has been on a diet the last month, and I buy a lot of the 50/50 food products. You can normally find it in the diabetic section of the grocery store. They make puddings, shakes, candy bars, jellies, and just lots of other snack and regular foods. He has lost 12lbs. My uncle has lost 43lbs on this same diet since last October. They eat no sugars and if they have the urge to they eat one of the 50/50 candies or puddings, and also they avoid all refined carbohydrates. It just a good nutrition diet. If you want more info on it I will be glad to get it to you. My husband also goes to the Mayo clinics website and will print off recipes for me to fix and really it's not that bad. But I know with three kids it's hard to cook something "healthy" that everyone else will eat. But actually, my three love most of the foods.

Okay, enough of my blabbing. I wish you all the luck and just take it one day at a time. Just think about all that you've been through and accomplished and in a couple of months this is just going to be another one of your accomplishments.

Hang in there =)
Sammi

Old 06-04-2004, 05:25 AM   #14

Twist Of Fate! HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschne
Twist excuse me was just sharing MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE to help not trying to hurt any one and glad you can call a Dr. you dont even know who may have mad a mistake and call him a moron sorry wont go in and tell him that. I havent had to use the fleet except a few times so couldnt of been any worse then the 50 hydros 2 ambien 2 xanax A DAY I was taking so thank you I am doing just fine.-
So you're going to put your life in the hands of a doctor that "makes mistakes"?

So anyway, you work out?, Me too, I saw my personal trainer the other day and he gave me this new routine, See, Im very ectomorphic and I want to bulk up and and put on some mass and maybe cut later, right now im eating 2 maybe 3 BIG meals per day and just drink a 50g protien shake after I work out, I eat mostly low carbs and fruit also, and im doing A LOT of cardio, I lift 7 days a week and I do a lot of reps too! Arms, Legs, Chest, Shoulders, like 15-20 reps every day man. I drink 10 grams of creatine too everyday before my workout and im also taking stacker for that boost of engergy..... STOP!

Ok, working out is your thing no? what are you going to say about my personal trainer? He doesnt have a clue does he? Let me just GUESS what's going through your mind, just a guess....
- 2-3 big meals per day aren't going to cut it, proportion them to 6-7 small meals every 2 hours
- Why are you eating low carb? you should be eating complex carbs and high protien meals
- you're body isnt going to obsorbe more than 30g of Protien at once and you're just going to waste the other 20g, so why are you drinking 50g shakes?
- If you're trying to put on mass why are you doing cardio other than your 15 min. warm up?
- If you want to put on weight and mass, you should be doing moderate weight and low reps, not light weight and high reps.
- Why are you lifting 7 days per week! you should only be lifting 3 days per week, (unless you're juicing, then you can do 3 on 1 off) and only do 2 supporting muscles per day, your muscles grow while your resting, plus your going to cause muscle atrophy!
- 10 Grams of creatine! Well, it's proved that the human body can only absorbe 3-5g at once, and why aren't you cycling it, you're going to distroy your kidneys by drinking that much every day!
- And why are you taking stacker when it's an appitite suppressant, fat burner, when A - you need to eat more and B it's a diuretic, you're drinking creatine and you need to retain water in your cells.

Ok, did at least one of those things cross your mind? Or did they all and you think I need to find a new personal trainer.

Bodybuilding is my thing also but so is medicine, I never said you were trying to hurt anyone nor did I ask if you were "just fine", But your doctor is practicing bad medicine and a doctor who practice bad medicine should not be physician, nor should a physician "make mistakes". This is something I swear by and malpractice is one of them. Sorry if you were offended by me calling out your so called doctor.

CADE

Old 06-04-2004, 05:35 AM   #15

Twist Of Fate! HB User

And I really didnt mean the "I didnt ask if you were fine part", I think it's very good that your staying in the gym, it kept me out of trouble for a long time, and lucky I can still seemy abs I just dont like bad doctors for a specific reason, doctor error put both of my grandmothers in renal failure and had me stuck on this klonopin for the rest of my life. Plus there is a lot of curruption here in vegas.... It just hit's a back bone, sorry if I came at you the wrong way.....

Closed Thread