It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2004, 06:38 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

Banker HB User
To Twise of Fate

In another post you were referencing cII vs. CIII and CV drugs.... Can you explain what Suboxone is and what it was? And when you said phsycological withdrawals... which were you referencing, mscontin or Suboxone? If Sub, how do you know? I'm about to start a Sub taper and was just curious. Thank you!

Old 06-02-2004, 07:23 PM   #2

X User HB User
Re: To Twise of Fate

Banker, I believe Suboxone was moved from Schedule V to Schedule III in 2002. Here is a link to the entire DEA controlled substance list:

[url]http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/schedules/schedules.htm[/url]

I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for, but I hope it helps. Others may find the comprehensive list useful to better understand what they are taking.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2004, 12:43 PM   #3

Twist Of Fate! HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X User
Banker, I believe Suboxone was moved from Schedule V to Schedule III in 2002. Here is a link to the entire DEA controlled substance list:

[url]http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/schedules/schedules.htm[/url]

I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for, but I hope it helps. Others may find the comprehensive list useful to better understand what they are taking.
X-user is right on what I meant, they bumped it up to a higher abuse and depenency rate. There are different levels of controlled substances. Schedule 1 being of no medicinal use. (Heroin, Cocaine ext.) Schedule 2 are drugs WITH medicinal use like, Fentanyl, Morphine, Amphetamines ect....

As they go down to like CIII, These might be opiates with Tylenol because they are not readily water soluble.

There are also drugs that have a class of their own poisons, chemicals, and drugs like Etorphine, it's the worlds strongest opiate and only used to sedate VERY large mammals. A simple scratch from a needle can put one in respiratory arrest. It can not be reversed by naloxone but only a drug called M5050 i think, im really not sure because im not a game hunter but i'd imagine it's one hell of a rush worth dying for.

Old 06-03-2004, 01:01 PM   #4

Twist Of Fate! HB User

Oh and when I said "Psychological" I was referring to odd behaviors, from my drop to 24mg to NOTHING, I had a little taste of that, mild effects of manic depression, hallucinations, depersonalization, BAD nightmares, I really felt I was gone for good and was going to be legal 2000. (to the psych-ward) so I denied all the symptoms and locked my-self in my house so I didnt go to the booby hatch All the symtoms went away though in time and I feel very normal, and all I take is Xanax-XR and Remeron for anxiety which I had all my life, a few others at my treatment centers were worse, I had a girl frisbee a dish at one of the counselors and I cought it instead. But be calm, you're on a low dose and just keep with the taper and keep in touch with friends family and here of course Just try to have fun! you wont notice them as much or at all.

CADE

Last edited by Twist Of Fate!; 06-03-2004 at 01:03 PM.

Old 06-03-2004, 07:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

Banker HB User

Cade, I definitely need more info on your history. How long were you on it? If you were only on it for a week or two during a detox stay, then your wds would have been extremely minimal... but if you are like me and were on it for over a month or in my case, 6 months..... what do you recommend as far as tapering? And I had to laugh at the frisbee... cracked me up. And good reflexes are obviously something you don't lose while withdrawing.... lol

Old 06-04-2004, 04:14 AM   #6

Twist Of Fate! HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banker
Cade, I definitely need more info on your history. How long were you on it? If you were only on it for a week or two during a detox stay, then your wds would have been extremely minimal... but if you are like me and were on it for over a month or in my case, 6 months..... what do you recommend as far as tapering? And I had to laugh at the frisbee... cracked me up. And good reflexes are obviously something you don't lose while withdrawing.... lol
, you know what, just for you! I checked my medical records, I was on it for a little more than 4 weeks, The best time machines in the world are opiates. The last 2 years seemed like weeks to me

- I was heroin from 96-98 off and on and got pretty bad in 98. I went on methadone and stayed clean for 4 years, late 98 to 2002 do to my daughter being born in October 98, so It was a must, I was 19 years old. I discontinued methadone totaly after a 2 year taper and was totally off by Nov 02 and relapsed in a matter of weeks after me and my fiance separated. I did 4 supervised detoxes for Dilaudid & OxyContin, March 2003, May 2003, Auguest 2003. My relapses were an issue and I did not want to go back on methadone because I wanted no part of the clinic system anymore. The suboxone cost me $700 a month but that's change compaired to 5-7 grand a month on dope. In November 2004 I was detoxing from Fentanyl (injection) and most recovery centers are not aware of that drug because it's very hard to obtain unless you know a doctor, so my family noticed my condition and checked me into another supervised detox I and stayed for 3 days and left AMA, all though I did not use, I was in VERY bad shape. I was just in too much pain so I started the suboxone program out of desperation. My doctor said im no doubt methadone material but my doctor wanted to start me on a very high does of Buprenorphine instead, 24mg, most people do around 8-12. I stayed on for a little more than 4 weeks when my doctor found out that I was taking Klonopin for Benzo withdrawal. He wanted me to abruply stop the Klonopin and start high doses of Tegretol and I said I couldn't do that so he cut me off, I could not get into another methadone clinic for 3 weeks and I asked if I could just take subutex because the of interation with the suboxone and the benzo was with the Naloxone. He couldnt figure that out because he's a moron so I was left with no medication. At that time after 2 days I was cramping up a little, pressure in the back of head and back pain, the runs, you know how it goes, by day 3 all hell broke loose, I woke out of a sound sleep and couldnt not stop vomiting, I was pure white and my eyes were firing red. I though I had an absess but found no lumps, when I went to the ER my skin and blood was clean. These acute symptoms laster for a week or so but I had very bad tremor, I was hallucinating and was being quite vilont. It had to have been 2 months and no change, I was actually getting stoked that I had the option to put a bullet in the back of my head, I was such a wreck. I went out and spent about $1,600 on OxyContin after I found that my grandmother had died and i needed to attend her wake, I just chewed about 2 80's a day (not that bad for me) And felt quite normal again, this time I did it right, did a clean detox and stuck with it, that was last Feb.? And now things are back to normal again. Im not 100% but im up, moving and functioning. Im taking Xanax-XR 4mg and 20mg Valium a day with remeron and im doing well.

The chick who threw the plate at me was doing an in-patient detox while I was at a treatment center on visit. I know a lot of doctors and LCN's, plus im very knowledgeable in pharmacology from study so I try to help out when I can at recovery centers. They want me to do groups as a CADC. dispite my sub-abuse, i do come from a long generation of medical professionals but right now my relationship with my daughter is my main concern and I set up a few addiction boards on the net so I think im doing my part for now, plus I pop up on here from time to time to help people with there medical questions. I now I seem a bit subtle and as a CADC i'd have tell fairlytales how everything is going to be fine when everything is really 40/60 not in our favor when it comes to addiction. I dont mean to rain on anyones parade but I have the privilege to attend the same seminars as any physician does and I know the scoop so I do the best i can to help out....

CADE

Old 06-04-2004, 06:00 AM   #7

sammi HB User

Cade, I just wanted to jump in and say "thanks" for all the good information. I have been on Suboxone for the last three months and ideally would like to be off by the time school starts back in August, but who knows. I have chronic back pain so the Sub does help with the pain.
I will definitely be posting more to you come August when I plan to taper so please stay around on the boards.

Thanks
Sammi

Old 06-04-2004, 07:59 PM   #8

Twist Of Fate! HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi
Cade, I just wanted to jump in and say "thanks" for all the good information. I have been on Suboxone for the last three months and ideally would like to be off by the time school starts back in August, but who knows. I have chronic back pain so the Sub does help with the pain.
I will definitely be posting more to you come August when I plan to taper so please stay around on the boards.

Thanks
Sammi
Sammi - I come and go but ill try to stick around, i'd give you my e-mail or one of my own suboxone/methadone message boards but they'll ban me like they did 5 times before. I have 68 Suboxone and methadone patients on my board but I guess they think im trying to steal people, which is funny because I pay for all of it out of my pocket and make NO money, I wont even let ads or banners on my sites

Understand that im not anti-buprenorphine, It's just very understudied and people are left in circles who are on it for maintenance, you cant abuse narcotics but you cant live your life in pain either, I have neuropathy and FMS from a head and spinal injury so im in the same nutshell. Ill do the best I can to help though... CADE

Old 06-04-2004, 10:05 PM   #9

sammi HB User

Hi Cade, too bad I can't get to your sites. I wish they would allow such sites to be mentioned on this board so people like myself could get additional information. I guess I'm just glad to have this board.

I don't want to repeat myself, but I do plan on coming off the Sub in August. I am currently taking 6mgs of Suboxone daily which seems to be helping. I do have one question, which is probably going to sound stupid, and it's one I always forget to ask my Dr, but the narcotic in Sub could be compared with what other narcotic. Example, Norco? I guess I'm just trying to figure out what dosage of a narcotic am I taking daily. Does this make sense? Also, from what you know, do most people have to go on an antidepressant after stopping Sub? Suboxone is the only medication I take daily. (I know that's enough) LOL I'm just wondering if I'm not going to need to take an anti-anxiety med since I experience anxiety on occasion, especially when I would quit taking Norco. I have another appointment with my addicitonologist next week and I will be sure to go over that one with him also. He just bumped me up to 6mgs in the last week since I started experiencing some depression (husband travels quite a bit and I have three little one's) , and it has totally worked for me.

Thanks for your time. Hope you're having a great evening.
Sammi

Closed Thread