It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2004, 12:28 PM   #1
Inactive

herbal HB User
How long 'till w/d?

It's Wednesday. Since last Friday I've been taking Tramadol nonstop. I've had very easy access to Ultracet tablets. I've also mixed them with my Ultram tablets a few times. I havn't been taking them in high doses, I don't think I've went over 150mg yet. Last night I just took one Ultram tablet with one and half Ultracet tablet. So that gives you a rough idea of how I've been taking them. Not in addictive doses, but just everyday. I havn't taken any today, but I am VERY tempted to take two Ultram tablets (since I am out of Ultracet tablets now).

My main question is, will I have w/d's anytime soon? Like, if I took 100mg today would that put me in danger of having w/d tomorrow since I've been taking them everyday for 5 days now.

I feel a little crumby today since I havn't had any yet. I feel a little drained. and I can get agitated easily. I can't explain it. I just feel lik something is missing, and the fact is, something IS missing. I have no Tramadol gliding in my system!

I use to be a responsible, recreational Tramadol user. But since that easy, brief access to Ultracet, my use has skyrocketed and the urge to use Tramadol is so great that I don't know if I can control it.

All in all, here's how I've been taking them.

FRIDAY: Took a few Ultracet in the evening.
SATURDAY: Took two Ultram with an Ultracet around noon time.
SUNDAY: Took some Ultracet in evening.
MONDAY: Took some Ultracet in evening.
TUESDAY: Took an Ultram with an Ultracet later in the evening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2004, 12:47 PM   #2

X User HB User
Re: How long 'till w/d?

Herbal, what are you doing? Re-read your thread of April 27. Utram is an opioid, which you probably already know, and while it is a non-scheduled narcotic, it is still an addictive narcotic. It sounds like your level of usage isn't completely out of hand...yet, but if you continue to be a "responsible recreational user", it will get out of control. I understand the withdrawal process from Ultram is worse than hydrocodone, so please, reread your earlier threads (where you seemed committed to quitting), and stop this nonsense before you end up like most of us. Trust me when I tell you that you don't want to go through what I did. I'm worried about you.

Old 06-02-2004, 01:21 PM   #3
Inactive

herbal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X User
Herbal, what are you doing? Re-read your thread of April 27. Utram is an opioid, which you probably already know, and while it is a non-scheduled narcotic, it is still an addictive narcotic. It sounds like your level of usage isn't completely out of hand...yet, but if you continue to be a "responsible recreational user", it will get out of control. I understand the withdrawal process from Ultram is worse than hydrocodone, so please, reread your earlier threads (where you seemed committed to quitting), and stop this nonsense before you end up like most of us. Trust me when I tell you that you don't want to go through what I did. I'm worried about you.
I understand that. And that's a little harsh.
Have you ever been addicted to anything? Have you ever seen a loved one go through an addiction? Then you should know that it's not that easy.
I feel alittle offended.
I know you probablt mean nothing by it though.

Last edited by herbal; 06-02-2004 at 01:22 PM.

Old 06-02-2004, 01:47 PM   #4

NeverAgain HB User

Herbal

I promise you if you keep playing with fire, your gonna get your *** burnt off! You have already been warned about where this can lead you and it seems like you have no intention of quitting at all. These are not harsh post toward you, people here just don't want you to get to the point that many of us have gotten to, which is a living HELL. I just wish someone had warned me when I was at the point you are right now. Good luck and please listen to the people on here!

B

Old 06-02-2004, 03:40 PM   #5

X User HB User

Herbal, I am sorry you are offended, but NeverAgain is correct: We don't want you to reach the point we did. Second, you came here in April seeking help, and many of us have offered help, in good faith. When I see someone post threads that are contradictory, I see someone struggling with addiction, and sometimes it is necessary to get one's attention before it is too late. That is the spirit in which I replied. And yes, I was addicted to hydrocodone, consumating in a 30+ per day pill habit, so I am speaking from experience, which is why I want you to realize it isn't too late for you. If you do wait, it will likely escalate, and you can see by reading this board how difficult the situation becomes, and what you put at risk. I want to help you.

Old 06-02-2004, 05:13 PM   #6

jenny1973 HB User

First off if you have only been using for 5 days then I seriously doubt you will go thru withdrawls, however it seems as though that may not be the truth?? I don't know cause I am not sure about your previous posts. The only thing I can tell you is stay away from ultram/ultracet/tramadol ect. That is some nasty stuff. I took that stuff 8-10 a day for several months (almost a year) and let me tell you coming off of it sucks! I even went to a medical detox to get off it and it was still rough. I swear my brain will never be the same again and I know it had to do with those pills. My only advice is quit now before your addiction escalates. Even if its hard to do now it will be harder to do later! Good Luck!
Jenny

Old 06-03-2004, 01:27 PM   #7
Inactive

herbal HB User

Thanks for the advice, guys. I gave into temptation yesterday and took two Ultram. Today however (Thursday) I have not given into temptation and I WILL not give into temptation. I feel fine without the pills, but I am VERY weak and VERY tired. It's even hard to type without making a mistake (always have to hit backspace, hehe_

Gosh, all i wanna do is sleep.

Old 06-03-2004, 02:20 PM   #8

NeverAgain HB User

Herbel a few years back I was taking around 15 Ultram a day. I just would hate for you to get to that point. I know for a fact I will never put that stuff in my body again. The W/D's from ultram are a HELLISH NIGHTMARE. It was much worse than Hydro's for me, but I was on them alot longer. Good Luck!!

B

Old 06-03-2004, 02:58 PM   #9
Inactive

herbal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverAgain
Herbel a few years back I was taking around 15 Ultram a day. I just would hate for you to get to that point. I know for a fact I will never put that stuff in my body again. The W/D's from ultram are a HELLISH NIGHTMARE. It was much worse than Hydro's for me, but I was on them alot longer. Good Luck!!

B
I only took them 6 days in a row and I had no idea just that would make me feel this crumby. I'm sure if I kept it up much longer I'd be going through a "hellish" nightmare. I just feel very sluggish and lazy. I also have a bad headache, might take some Tylenol for that. I also feel like I'm fixing to have to go the bathroom very badly...feels like I'm fixing to have the runs.
How long do you think this will last?

I took them every day for 6 days straight. I never went over 150mg each day, though.
I feel tired and sluggish, headache, craving, and my stomach is just a little bit upset.
Not as bad as most you probably had it.

Old 06-03-2004, 03:30 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

herbal just be glad its not 6years like myself and others on here even longer on hydros, oxy,morphine,methadone,and other hard opiates.quit now and dont ever take another pill again if possible.take what you are feelin now and quadriple it and lasts for months.good luck you are at the x-roads-spark

Old 06-03-2004, 03:48 PM   #11
Inactive

herbal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark-o-cet
herbal just be glad its not 6years like myself and others on here even longer on hydros, oxy,morphine,methadone,and other hard opiates.quit now and dont ever take another pill again if possible.take what you are feelin now and quadriple it and lasts for months.good luck you are at the x-roads-spark
Thanks for the inspiring support.
When do you think I'll start feeling normal again?

Old 06-03-2004, 04:00 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

if ya dont take anymore pills and you have only been on them for a week or two then after one week 7days you should be back to normal but if you take just one it puts you back at day one and drags it all out again-spark

Old 06-03-2004, 05:34 PM   #13
Inactive

herbal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark-o-cet
if ya dont take anymore pills and you have only been on them for a week or two then after one week 7days you should be back to normal but if you take just one it puts you back at day one and drags it all out again-spark
I'm never taking any pill again, trust me.
But I just wanna know this;
Say I go through this slight w/d, and then I'm clean for a month but then I give in and take a pill. I'll go into w/d all over again the next day just because of that one pill? That doesn't sound correct to me, but correct me if I'm wrong. I think that if I waited a month and then started using "occasionally" again, I'd be ok. But I'M NOT GOING TO DO THAT, BECAUSE I KNOW I WOULD GET ADDICTED AGAIN. PROBABLY LONGER THAN A WEEK THE SECOND TIME AROUND. AND I'M READY TO QUIT IT ALL, BECAUSE I ACTUALLY MISS THE DAYS WHEN I DIDN'T TAKE THESE DANG PILLS AT ALL!

But I have read that the tolerance goes back down, and taking the drug again will not put you back into w/d's again unless you start the habitual use of it again.
For instance, a heavy heroin abuser is sent to prison for a while. They go through w/d while in prison. But when they get out, they start using again, but unfortunantly they always get addicted again and go through w/d when they are cut off again.

Old 06-03-2004, 05:44 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

if you go thru w/ds and are clean for say a month and decide to take a pill or two you would not go into w/ds unless you took more than prescribed for at least a week or ten days.the problem with doin this is that the brain never forgets the high once a person is an addict.most people like myself cant stop with one or two it turns into 25-50 per day quick.i wish i knew what i know now when i was at where you are now in 98.best thing to do is not use at all-spark

Old 06-04-2004, 07:19 AM   #15

NeverAgain HB User

It seems like your focusing on the W/D's rather than the addiction. The physical W/D's are nothing compared to the mental addiction that you will eventually have. Your only experiencing small cravings now, if you continue they will become 10 times worse and you will have them everyday for months even after getting clean. Good Luck!

B

Closed Thread