It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2004, 12:16 PM   #16
Inactive

over HB User
Re: [B]Fisherman's New Thread on Suboxone[/B]

weird cyber thing happened, double posted instead of edited version...read next posting..

Last edited by over; 08-27-2004 at 12:50 PM.

Old 08-27-2004, 12:18 PM   #17
Inactive

over HB User

Don't get discouraged fisherman by stella's 45 day thingy. True, the brain receptors take 90 days before they get back to normal, but it doesn't mean that you don't feel a little better everyday. Just takes a while because Sub sticks to your receptors like mud. Not only that, mostly the physical WD is gone, but its the mental BS that you go through within those 90 days that makes it harder.

You're doing great. Expect to be weak..Kick back the whole weekend and be a couch potato. That's all you can really do except exercise! Take vitamins!

I'm also a chronic pain sufferer, but I also cannot go back to the addiction. Its an evil that consumes you. The WDs make you see that light. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are absolutely doing the right thing by getting off the Sub.

Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2004, 05:56 PM   #18
Veteran

Best Friend HB User

Fisherman, I think almost ALL of us are in your boat (pardon the baaaad pun!). The false 'high' of getting another prescription (with refills!)....the dive when the momentary euphoria is over. We will all support you no matter where your battle takes you. No one is judged here. But I for one am very inspired by your courage and determination. I will take that 'spirit' into my own battle, soon.
TwinAlice

Old 08-28-2004, 09:10 AM   #19

fisherpard HB User

TwinAlice,

I am taking detailed notes and ideas on what not to do when you get off of Suboxone. I hope I can be the help to others as you all have been to me.

I am still scared of relapsing. Day 10 has not been a magic day for me yet. Maybe it will be day 11.

What I am scared of most is next week I have hugh responsibilites at work and my mind has to be clear. I can't sneak out at lunch because of a bad day. This will be my greatest trial. My wife also had a bad mammogram Thursday and goes Tuesday for a biopsy. I feel like a heal that I have not had the energy to be there for her. She has always been there for me.

It just makes me hate thoose little devil pills even greater. You loose site of all that is good in your life and place them as the center of your life.

If I ever make it through this, I promise I am going to be the Husband , Father and friend that the last five years have robbed me from. I will never be as self centered and always put others before me. I laugh and joke and be the person that I used to be.

your friend,
fisherman

Old 08-28-2004, 11:50 AM   #20
Inactive

over HB User

Hi fisherman,

How are you doing today? You say Day 10 has not been a magic day, but I believe it should be better than yesterday and the day before and the day before....Right?

You are making great plans for sobriety. I also felt that when I was on opiates and in WD's. I knew that when I was on them, my life was being robbed away to pills. How disgusting! You are absolutely right about losing sight to everything. I almost lost everything while on them, but luckily I didn't. I was neglecting my daughter and everything else in my life. They're truly evil!

I'm very proud of you. You are doing great!

Old 08-31-2004, 04:00 PM   #21
Inactive

Captain Hydro HB User

God'Bless & good luck my friend!!

Closed Thread