It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2004, 09:24 AM   #1

DISCOSTU HB User
Basically clean for 7 days-just purging my soul

Hi,
I used to post on this board a long time ago. Anyone from a year ago or so still around?
Anyway I was tapering back then got down to 3 a day wtih no w/d's and then relapsed big time. Got up to 30 of the 10mg hydro's a day, which was higher then I had ever been.
Started a hard taper last Monday (went from 30 to 8, then to 4, then 2 each day making the drop).

I am a little bit of a special case in that I don't really get w/d's. I get very minor stuff.
I don't even feel like I am really even depressed, more like just bored you know? I am currently on such a low dose that it is without a doubt phscyological. I am taking a little chip every four hours. I doubt it even equals 1 mg at the end of the day.
Well I have been thinking about using again, so I came here again to get some perspective, and to see if any of the people I used to know are still around.
Anyway good luck all.

"Just keeping showing up. Thats all guys like you and me can do."

Last edited by DISCOSTU; 08-31-2004 at 09:25 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2004, 02:18 PM   #2

boaz HB User
Re: Basically clean for 7 days-just purging my soul

hi...I have probably read some on here a year ago..and maybe posted for people with drinking problems...(my hubby used to drink) then I got a pill addiction...I am tapering...I wished I didn't feel any physical pain...but I do...I hurt before I ever got this stuff....I have a mother who has rheumatoid arth. and I'm scared of getting that or something similar....I think I may have fibromyalgia....I hurt alot in the muscles' where they connect to your bones...and the only bone pain I have is my right big toe in the big joint...I can stand on it a little while (say cleaning house) and it feels like a spike is being drove thru it..it's tender..too tender to even massage. I get out of bed feeling like I'm in my 80's...which I'm actually in my 30's. I went CT one day a couple weeks ago...it wasn't a pretty thing...I ached all over..my hips and legs were the worse and my back...had the trots...and on day 2 I knew I was gonna start throwing up..so I was a big baby and started back, but no where's near my highest level of 16 10's a day...mostly 12. I now take 4 a day..max. I tried three at once...made me sick really...I used to take 4 at once...3-4 x's a day. I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired..as the song goes....good luck...I'll be thinking of you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2004, 02:46 PM   #3

fisherpard HB User

Boaz,

It does sound like you might have fibro. I was finally diagnosed about 5 years ago with it. Luckly I don't have the Chronic Fatigue that some also have with it. I have at least one joint in pain everyday. My neck is usually always bad and my knees really hurt. I used to love to play basketball but can't anymore because it kills me to jump. The more stress and less rest you get will only make things worse. If you have fibro you will know what I mean by fog.

It's a tough pill to swallow but it's only chronic and not fatal.

I wish you the best,
fisherman

Old 08-31-2004, 02:53 PM   #4

DISCOSTU HB User

I remember you Boaz.
Who was the guy who was the tapering guru? When I first came on here asking for advice everyone told me to wait for him. I think his name was Phil.
Is he still here? Is he still clean?

"Just keeping showing up. Thats all guys like you and me can do."

Closed Thread