It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2004, 10:16 PM   #1

WICHRIS HB User
Cool Hey Lynn....

Hiya Lynn....There has not been a day go by that I havent thought about you !...I was really worried and concerned about you- how are you and Alice
doing lately ?...Have you taken any nice walks to the park with the dogs ?
have you hit any good restaurants lately ?...I really,really missed you a lot but
I printed out your post replying to me about specific pages, chapters to read
closely in Noonday Demon about my depression and last weeks battle with it..
and I promised myself as I posted it over my dresser with my 3 AD bottles that I would take them exactly as the doc ordered because you said no matter what I need to take them EVERYDAY...and guess what Lynn? I am currently on Wellbutrin XL 300 and 80 mg fluoxetine in a.m. and 200 mg trazodone at hs. and the ADs are finally starting to work!! - just like you
promised me and stayed with me thru it all...I am crying as I am writing this
because the only reason I kept taking them is because I trust you and consider ya a best friend- Lynn, YOU , have given me my life back and I
finally am starting to feel the depression lifting,altho slowly..it is getting
better !!..There are no words to express my gratitude , suffice to say there
is no way I could ever give you even close to what you given me !..However,
I will always be here for you forever and Alice too...I love ya guys...I have so
much to talk to you about..I want to hear your thoughts on Sub and if you
are going to try it...Myself, I am still 100 % clean except for my ADs..However, the pain from ACDF with donor bone,plates and screws and
Fibro is extremely bad lately..I am trying thermacare wraps,RN 5 days a week,
massage tx 2 x week, and trying to " walk it off"...However,I am presently
considering either Sub or Methadone especially if this pain continues..I literally
have been crying from the pain the last 4 days...I see my PCP Wed for a
follow-up on the ADs...he insists on seeing me every 2 weeks,along with the
phsychiatrist every 2 weeks ( they are working together tx the depression )-
I wish I could see them once a month ! - every 2 weeks is a bit mentally
demanding on me-however,I am following " your orders " and the "docs
orders "..Please write back as soon as u can...I have to lay down as that
trazodone makes me feel really goofy,sleepy-hard to type...

Love Ya...Chris

Last edited by WICHRIS; 09-06-2004 at 10:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2004, 06:14 AM   #2
Inactive

Twinlynn HB User
Re: Hey Lynn....

Awwww, Chris...what a sweet, sweet letter-telling me this wonderful news. For two weeks now, I've woken each morning, hoping to hear that your antidepressants have started to coax your brain into taking those first uncertain "baby" steps. Steps to start you up and out of that dark, deep, horrific abyss you'd fallen into. Depression is just THAT--an ABYSS--with NO purpose, but to satisfy its insatiable need to spread its horror, its cruelty...its mind-numbing, black emptiness of endless despair.

But--you have made it! The first step has been taken! I am nearly crying WITH you, remembering that most miraculous moment when my first antidepressant had finally made its way into my blood stream....and for the first time in so many months of feeling nothing but increasing despair--suddenly--for just about half an hour--I felt something "lift." There could have been no greater gift tha those moments.

And, Chris, I pormise you it will get better and longer, these moments of remembering who you WERE and who still ARE!!

I have lots more to say, but I must sign off now because I have wait for my doctor to call....and this computer is tied up with the phone! So I must go off now and wait for him to get back to me.

Chris--you are on the way!! :-) And you have just made my day!!!

xxx Lynn xxxx

Old 09-07-2004, 12:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sarandipity HB User
Re: Hey Lynn....

Chris,
Sorry to jump in, I wanted to let you know that I am scared with you. How is this nurse that is taking care of you? I have to get back to work but God knows you are in my heart every minute of everyday. And the wonderful thought about you being w/ me in spirit on "family weekend" at Rehab meant the world to me. I love you so much and am constantly praying for you.

Lots of love,
Sara

Old 09-07-2004, 04:18 PM   #4
Veteran

Best Friend HB User
Smile Re: Hey Lynn....

Hiya Chris! It's da other twin, half of a perfect set! :-) I am so happy and so relieved that your depression is beginning to lift. As Lynn shared with you, when she had her major clinical depression in London, back in the '70s, our family sent me over there, to stay as long as needed to help her. (I was an actress then, which meant I was never employed. ) I was frantic to help and, at that time, knew almost zilch about depression. But the one thing that was SO apparent was the week she 'crossed over' from despair to that sliver of hope. I remember the exact moment it happened....when both Lynn and I knew she was over the hump. It is similarly thrilling to me to read that YOUR medication is WORKING and that you are feeling the first glimmer of hope. May I add for anyone who reads your story....PLEASE give the antidepressants a chance! Our all-too human bodies (in addition to our heart and soul!) are overflowing with chemicals -- and those chemicals can go awry. How blessed we are to live in a time when a 'tweak' of medication can set us on the right path. I know there is an "entire package" of stuff that makes us 'who we are.' But sometimes we can't get the emotions sorted out till we get our motor running properly. And, Chris, sounds like you're "heading for the highway!" (Hey, Dallas Alice, bet you know THESE lyrics! Lol!)

Chris, lots and lots of hugs and please keep us updated!!!
TwinAlice

Closed Thread