It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2004, 03:11 PM   #1

DiscoSuperfly HB User
Straight Edge Lifestyle

Hello,
This gallery of topics I've recently "gotten over" - I was a big user (and I suppose considerably addicted) of all forms of DXM, pain killers, and Ambien. I've however decided to call it quits, for a second time; and mean it this time. I'm getting my self way too psychologically hurt, and am already bipolar/ADHD/and whatever else my Dr. claims infected... so I'm trying to finally better myself.
My real push was meeting a kid in school named Tyler, who lives this thing called, "straight edge." I don't know how many of you guys know of it, and if you are still into drugs, you might say "Oh ***** that!" - It's living your life to better yourself by all means, and doing no harm to your body or mind.
Straight-Edge.Com has a section callled "Definition" which describes it very well, plus searching it in google comes up with dozens of results.
I have decided to live the philosophy of straight edge, because a. I'm a vegan so that's a plus b. I need to keep drug-free (both tabacco, alcohol & hardcore drugs) c. I don't want to live life resoluting to cutting & punching a wall to relieve my pain... and on and on. And this straight edge way really gives you a goal to set your mind on. You can give it a try... look it up and learn about it, and the other straight edger's are also very, very nice about talking through your "change of life" from addiction. Give it a try, or atleast a thought. It may be popular in the punk-youth world, but you don't have to like punk music or be a kid to be straight edge.
Thanks for reading
sXe saves!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2004, 05:02 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

windysan HB User
Re: Straight Edge Lifestyle

I'm an old punk rocker and I remember the straight edgers back in the day. There were some cool straight edge folks but the hard-core straight edgers were typically the "smarter" skinheads. The "movement" degenerated into a pack of retards. The "movement" started out kinda cool but, as with many groups, the knuckleheads took over. "Minor Threat" used to be a straight edge hardcore band. Maybe they are still sober?

Closed Thread