It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2004, 07:50 AM   #1
(female)

LISA26 HB User
Question About Addiction

Hi... I Know Someone That Is In Rehab Right Now (i Dont Even Know How Many Times She Has Been In Rehab...its Been Soooo Many) Her Mother Told Me She Is Addicted To Cocain And Pain Killers. I Have Never Tried Drugs And Never Would. I Think Its Too Scary To Even Try Because You Dont Know What It Will Do To You...but Anyways.... I Guess She Took All The Drugs She Had And Went To A Hotel Room By Herself And Got To The Point That She Knew She Would Die If She Didnt Call For Help..because She Couldnt Get Up Off The Bed. Sooo Sad. It Is My Ex-boyfriends Sister Who I Am Talking About And She Also Has A 3 Year Old Son. (doesnt Know Who The Father Is) And She Has Never Taken Care Of Him. I Know She Loves Him... But He Is Getting All Screwed Up Over All Of This. He Is Always Saying "i Wish My Mommy Would Come Visit Me...i Love My Mommy So Much"... It Breaks My Heart. I Would Just Like To Know Is There Anybody Out There That Is Addicted To Cocain That Could Explain To Me How This Drug Takes Over Your Life And How To Get Help For It.... For Good. She Is In Rehab Right Now...and Wants To Stay For 6 Months...but She Has Said So Many Different Times That She Is Done With It. I Know You Have To Want To Stop To Really Stop It. But I Am Just Scared That She Is Going To Die And Then Her Son Will Have To Be Alone. How Do People Use Drugs And Party All The Time.... I Just Go Out For One Night (drinking) And Have A Hang Over The Next Day And Can Barely Function...and Then I Cant Do It Again For Like 6 Months Or So. I Just Dont Get It. How Do People Function, Have Lives, Work, And Do Everything Else While On Drugs. And Get The Money For It Too. Because I Know Its Expensive.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2004, 08:00 AM   #2

Tim4:9 HB User
Re: Question About Addiction

First this is a true sickness. I was in addiction for 18 years. Now I have 14 months clean and sober. I wanted for years to get clean but always went back. I cant tell you how many times I came to the point of death. Finally on July 6, 2003 I decided I had enough pain. I was dying. I went to a long term treatment facility 9 months. Now I stay in a structured sober house. Today I am willing to do what ever it takes to stay clean and sober. Please dont give up on this person. There is hope. Pray, pray, and pray. I know of a great treatment facility in ohio that is free and will change this persons life. Dont give up.

Old 09-08-2004, 08:14 AM   #3
(female)

LISA26 HB User

That Is Where She Is...ohio. I Will Pray For Her. Thank You.

Old 09-08-2004, 07:06 PM   #4
(male)

ruglayer09052000 HB User

How Do People Function, Have Lives, Work, And Do Everything Else While On Drugs. And Get The Money For It Too. Because I Know Its Expensive.[/QUOTE]

They don't. It's that simple. I'm a recovering crack addict (4yrs clean as of Sept 5th, 2004) and I know this for a fact. When addicts are using, that is ALL they are thinking about. Not family, not work, not friends, just the next one. You not being an addict will have a real hard time understanding this. It's not your fault if you don't understand. All you can do is pray for her and hope for the best. Some addicts make it into recovery and stay strait, most do not. Addiction is a disease. An addict will always be an addict. We can't use just one of anything. Please just pray for her and maybe suggest that she find her way to a rehab and some NA meetings. They helped me, they just might help her.

Closed Thread