It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2004, 11:55 PM   #1

LoveMyWay71 HB User
How Soon Can One Become Addicted To?

Coke, Crank, anything like that? My old best friends personality changed within a period of say 3 months, and I found out much later he was addicted to Meth.... I don't know anything about any of these drugs...

Last edited by LoveMyWay71; 09-09-2004 at 01:03 AM.

Old 09-09-2004, 05:50 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

windysan HB User
Re: How Soon Can One Become Addicted To?

Meth can get you real quick. It sounds like friends and family might need to do an intervention.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2004, 09:02 AM   #3

LoveMyWay71 HB User

thanks so much for your reply... i don't know what happened to him we aren't friends anymore. that isn't why, we just went our separate ways... when we were friends we were both into the clubbing scene.. he drank a lot... i had heard later on that he got into drugs, i had also heard he went into re-hab. but beyond that i don't know... i still care about him, i have emailed him a couple of times, don't know if he got it or not... and i wish him all the luck and i prey for him. i am just rambeling on here, but thanks for reading.....

Old 09-09-2004, 09:09 AM   #4
Inactive

Karla HB User

I was addicted to meth the first time I used. I couldn't believe the high and how powerful it made me feel. I used it non stop from the first day we were introduced. Yes, I would say an intervention is probably in order. It is a very cunning drug.

Old 09-09-2004, 09:33 AM   #5

LoveMyWay71 HB User

did it make u loose a lot of weight? i saw him and he was sooooo thin, he is naturally small, but when i saw him it was reconizable... my heart hurts i miss him and i wish him well... here is a poem i wrote this week as i was on vacation and cleaning and came accross some photos of him and i .. i think that is what sparked a tad bit of depression in me.. which i do suffer from and take meds for... but here is the poem....

Gone In The Night

I look back and think of you
I'm stuck and I don't know what to do?
You are still in so many of my dreams,
Searching for you what does it mean?
I cry when I allow the pain
thinking of you, lost in the bitter rain
A Stranger to me you are now
once so close, a friendship faded.. how?
I want to save you once yet again,
I can't find you, I can't feel you, Do you know how much I loved you then?
Gone in the night, never to look back,
I fear you are cold. In your heart something lacks
It kills me inside to know you chose your path, I want to hug you and have u feel safe, make you laugh.
Will I ever heal this hurt, Can I ever let you truly go?
Praying for you, Missing you, how do I move forward? I don't know.
In Memory of Matthew
9-5-04

Old 09-09-2004, 10:27 AM   #6

rockingham HB User

thank you for your poem. i enjoyed it. i think you should make the effort to reach out to your friend. to me its very clear this weighs on your mind enough that i think you should contact him and tell him how you feel. maybe he will respond to your overtures and open up to you about his recent past and possible use of speed. he may be wishing someone would talk to him about how his life is going. you only will know if you make the effort. you wont have to wonder anymore once you do that. good luck in whatever you choose

Old 09-09-2004, 12:18 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sarandipity HB User

Love My Way,
ALL drugs make you isolate from people. Don't be surprised if you find out he just wants to be alone. I don't know if that's really the case w/ him. But when I do anything- I just want to be alone.

I loved your poem. Im sure he would feel the love if he reads it.

Keep pursuing help for him.

Don't give up- theres always Alanon meetings- if you really want to understand it.

-Sara

Old 09-09-2004, 12:24 PM   #8

LoveMyWay71 HB User

thank you for your responses... i have tried contacting him in the last 5 years with no luck, i dont' even know if he got those emails.. wasn't sure if it was his address... i could send a letter to his mom's house... i did run into him after we had stopped talking and (about 4 yrs ago) and i waived to him and was standing right next to him, that is when i noticed his thinness, and he didn't waive back i know this is petty but i felt so hurt. i loved this guy more than life it self, but it was not a healthy relationship at all. he was my bestfriend and is gay. and i was so co-dependent thinking i could change his sexuality which i look back now and think that was rediculous.. but my my way of thinking was if i do this ( go out with him when i didn;t want to) he will love me more... LOL how sad. then like i said when i heard he got into drugs i was so shocked and sadened... i will think more about sending that letter to his moms.. i care about him imensly... and i think a part of me will always love him.... thanks guys

Old 09-11-2004, 11:48 AM   #9

LoveMyWay71 HB User

thanks all for reading and responding... i still am trying to find out more info on addictions to the drugs i mentioned.. thanks for your support.. best of luck

Old 09-11-2004, 01:02 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

vamp36 HB Uservamp36 HB User

Meth can hook you really fast. Someone else posted that they were hooked after the first time. So was I. Coke can take a little longer some people to get hooked on it. Yes, you lose weight on both of them. While being high, food is the last thing on your mind. I really hope you can locate your friend. These drugs lead people down a long bad road. Good luck to you. Let us know how it turns out.

Closed Thread