It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2004, 12:00 PM   #1
Inactive

coxdj HB User
Thumbs up Sara, You are my Angel too. THANKS!

Hi Sara~ I will lift you up in prayer. I know you are making the right choice. Dont regret it, and try not to think about it now. Right now, focus on enjoying your time now with your daughters, and getting ready, like you said.
You will never regret this decision. You are really fortunate to have a Sister who will take care of your kids. That is awesome! As far as your ex~ it sounds like if he keeps doing the crap he is, like with the SUV stunt, he may find himself behind bars. That is not smart to be maliciously destroying property. Wow!
Anyway, also, my counselor told me this....there is no way that an ex~or anyone can take your kids' from you, and get custody, if you are going into a treatment/rehab~ because you are doing this to "better yourself" and your life, and to ultimately be "better" & "healthy" for your kids. So, dont even let that fear entertain your mind.
In answer to your question, yes, my husband is very supportive of me.....and he knows all of my "stuff." My son actually knows too. I have had some very good conversations with him re: my problem, and he has been very mature about it. His dad does know about it too now...where as *3* years ago, he did not know. He knows now, not to the extent that I want him to know anymore, and that is ok. He does not need to know all the details. He also knows that he cant take my son away from me. The other thing is this...if the Dad acts like a complete jerk, the kids will end up resenting him. That is how my son is now. Even though, he just recently moved in with his father, to be able to go to his old school that he missed so much.....he may be there with his father physically, but his Dad does not have my sons Heart....he may have him physically, but not his heart. My son is starting to say he does not even want to live there. And his Dad put this on himself. I am just letting my son experience this for himself. I know in time, he will come back here. And to any others who read this post, I dont want to sound like a man basher, because I am not....and I think Dad's are great for kid's...but it really depends on what kind of Dad the man is. And my sons' Dad, is not the greatest. But anyway, the main point is this......keep your chin up Sara. You will do fine. I am rooting for you. I know you are going to get better. Maybe I will too. Thank you.
debbie~~
PS~ what is "Cracked"? is it a book about Addiction? if so, can you tell me who the Author is? I would love to read it.
Thanks again~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2004, 10:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sarandipity HB User
Re: Sara, You are my Angel too. THANKS!

Debbie,
Hi hon! Im sorry I did not reply earlier.

I know that someday my kids will figure out their dad. Although he is a pretty good salesman- Ive got God on my side. I pray for their protection all the time.

I wanted to answer your questions so first I will start out by telling you that when I read the book "Cracked" it opened my eyes that I do have an addiction to pain meds. Its by Dr. Drew Pinsky. YOU HAVE TO GET IT!
It changed my life! Its about the daily lifes of people from all walks of life- and atty, a homeless person, a stay at home mom- all addicts. Pain pills, Heroin, Coke, Crystal meth, everything. Its true stories about the patients at a rehab in California- there lives before rehab, and after. Its shocking but while I was reading it- It seemed too familiar- thats how I knew I was hooked on pills.

Lets see, what else did you ask me? Oh, my boyfriend went to rehab in October of last year and has been sober ever since. He goes to AA meetings about 3 to 5 times a week. He found God while he was there. My ex husband came over to my house one night- and while he was outside, my ex was lurking in the bushes and then when my boyfriend spotted my ex he said his name and my ex ran up the stairs and started pushing him againist the wall, I called the police. It's on record, then another time I was sitting on my patio- (he had the girls for the weekend), and when I saw him I called out his name and called the police on him because he left the girls at midnight to come spy on me! I have started the protective order process. He is dangerous. I don't trust him. One of the reasons I divorced him is because he lied all the time.
He said he is a changed man now and has been pursuing me for the past two and a half years-ever since we have been divorced. He's not good people and I pray for protection over me and my sweet lil' girls.

I have so much to do to get ready for the trip. Im so scared! I hope they will teach me how to deal w/ my ex as well. Im sure if Im stone sober It will be easier.

Thanks thanks thanks for the sweet post! It made me smile! Take care!

-Sara

Closed Thread