It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2004, 02:55 PM   #1

shakarkia HB User
I messed it all up....I think...advice?

Hey everybody, I'm still here and still alive. Well,,,,I had found 2 scripts from my old doc that he had written back in July...they said on them "do not fill until 09-21-04" written in pen...one for 75 percs and one for 90 oxys 20mgs. well last week i had successfully tapered to 10mgs of oxy 2x per day and was not feeling too awful, when in a moment of weakness took the perc script changed the 9 to an 8 and filled it at wallgreens...well my doc had me on 1 perc 4x per day to adjust to a short acting med, but i blew that...i have blown through his 24 and my 75 percs all since last Saturday In another moment of weakness today I did the same thing to the oxy script and took that in too....the pharmy said he couldn't fill until monday when he could verify because the writing "looked off", so i took the script back and said I'd just go to my normal wallgreens where most the pharms know me by name. I want to rip that script up, but I also want to go fill it....I have 4 percs left and no doc apt. until Tuesday when he will taper me to 3 a day. If I can handle taking just 2 tomorrow (yeah right) and 2 Monday i'd be fine, but i hate WD's...after one week of abuse will the WD's be bad? I have taken 6 percs today and don't feel bad...just sorta tired....did i screw it up too badly?? What would you guys do? I know at my normal wallgreens they'd fill it, even though I told one of the guys what I was doing (tapering off)...I've already thought of the sob story i'd tell them about the pain..etc...
I'm not even sure what I'm looking for....how bad will the wd's be if I just go down to 2 for two days?
thnks
karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2004, 03:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

chefob1 HB User
Re: I messed it all up....I think...advice?

are you looking to be busted and end up in jail for forged scripts?......chef

Old 09-11-2004, 03:49 PM   #3

shakarkia HB User

Nope...not looking for that at all.....knowing it can happen though....i think i will tear it up and throw it away....now i've writen on it i can't even take it in when it was 'legally' due anyway.....i just hope the WD's aren't too bad.....
kicking myself in the a** for even being in this situation right now..
hating myself.....playing the 'poor me' card...
thx for reality lol
karen

Old 09-13-2004, 04:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

You think things are bad now? just wait until they find out you are altering scripts for CII drugs.You have definitely crossed that line.Please do not take this remaining script anywhere,and just tear it up.You are playing with fire here and could very easily end up in jail.The script that you already altered could still come back to haunt you,in many ways.I honestly feel that your best move right now would be to seek inpatient treatment for your addiction.You obviously cannot control a taper plan,and you are doing very dangerous and highly illegal things to get your drugs.You need to think of just where you will possibly end up here.If you absolutely cannot do an inpatient treatment, please try an outpatient.You are going to be in for a rough time for awhile with the WDs.If you could get into an inpatient program or if you could decide to come clean with your PM,or your primary,they would be able to Rx certain meds that would help you to cope with the WDs.I really wish you lots of luck here.You know what you need to do.

Closed Thread