It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2004, 06:29 PM   #1
(female)

DallasAlice HB User
BCBurnaby...I miss you, where are your words of wisdom and welcome?

Hey BCB,

Are you out there somewhere? I hope everything is alright...by my count, I don't think I've seen a post from you yet this month, so now I'm a bit concerned.

I have this feeling that something has happened with regard to your father, and if you've let the board know and I missed it, I'm so sorry. If not, and something has or hasn't happened, well, please know I am thinking of you and wondering how you are. And if you are just taking some "board time off," well, I've certainly done that before, so I sure would understand that.

If you can, please drop a quick line and let us know if all is well, okay? You're usually the first to welcome a new poster, as well as one of those people who stays in touch with those of us who find ourselves in new places with our addiction and recovery, so when your words of support and welcome and comfort aren't on the board to keep us feeling secure and cared about, it is noticeable...

Missing you and your posts, BCBurnaby,

Love, Dallas

Old 09-12-2004, 07:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sarandipity HB User
Re: BCBurnaby...I miss you, where are your words of wisdom and welcome?

BC,
You were heavily on my mind as well. I wrote you a specific post about a week ago asking your professional opinion (hmmmm, think about that), re: me going to rehad for 32 days. Leaving on the 17th returning on the 19th of October. Any insite I would be so happy to hear.

Im worried though- b/cuz you have been an mia for quite a while. I hope all is well, and it's just your busy or lurking and not feeling like writing.

I hope to hear from you, and I hope you are alright- you have brought me so much insite on getting sober. Also- you are one of the reasons I choose rehab.

God bless,
Love,
Sara

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2004, 12:19 PM   #3
(female)

DallasAlice HB User

Just a ~Bump~ so it doesn't go to page 2! I wouldn't want her to miss seeing this thread.

BCB, wherever you are and whatever is going on in your life right now, please know that you are being thought of. I so miss reading your posts, and I sincerely hope you will be back writing to us all again...

Love,
DallasAlice

Old 09-15-2004, 09:39 PM   #4
(female)

DallasAlice HB User

Just another bump to keep this on page one...if BCBurnaby is around at all, I'd like her to see that she's being thought of and that we'd all like to hear from her and know how she's doing.

Sorry guys, with so many new memers...which is great in and of itself...I was just afraid this would be bumped to page 2--never to be seen again!

We're here when you are ready, BCB!

Best

Old 09-15-2004, 09:48 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sarandipity HB User

I gonna have to "bump" with Best and Alice k?
BC your the best, you would be so proud of your lil' Sara, going to 32 day rehab. Thought you would respond to my post but no sign of you.

I hope you are just taking a break from the board- I am worried about you.
I will be praying for you.

Love,
Sara

Old 09-26-2004, 11:37 AM   #6
(female)

DallasAlice HB User

BCBurnaby,

Wherever you are and whatever you are doing, I hope you are safe and sound. I suspect something has happened in your life that is causing you to stay away for awhile, and I also suspect that given your personality and your relationships and the role you have here among this thread for and of our peers, that you will be back some day...

As I think about the folks I appreciate having in my life...cyber life included...I found myself thinking and wondering about you, so I am bumping this again with the hope that maybe, just maybe, you will see it and take a few minutes to jot us a few lines.

It's been since Sept. 1st that I've seen your words, and I miss them...

Dallas

Old 09-28-2004, 08:16 PM   #7
Inactive

John 808 HB User

Thinking of you as well!!!!

Michelle

Old 10-19-2004, 03:52 PM   #8

mernee HB User

I have missed you all as well. I have been away from my home helping to take care of my father. Unfortunately, they have no computor and though all of you guys were in my thoughts at times I was mentally unable to get it together to get to a public computor to post on this board. I am home now and ready to get back into the routine of my life. My father has been admitted back into the hospital, and now not only suffers physically has also been diagnosed with Dementia. I wanted to stay however, I was not able to financially, or emotionally. I am so sorry that I missed Sarandipity before she was off to rehab, I hope that goes well. I hope that everyone forgives me for not posting, I am glad that I am home, and I know that my dogs are happy I am home as well. Please post and let me know how everyone is.

Old 10-19-2004, 04:54 PM   #9
Inactive

Twinlynn HB User

BC - I am soooo glad that I did a Board check...and saw your message, before I went off the computer. You were so very missed. And worried about. And thought about. And loved. :-)

I know how very hard it is to watch a parent suffer, not just physically...but mentally, as your father is. I went through that with my mother...watching her become more and more confused and depressed by what was happening to her. Sadly, she was always aware that she had the dementia...and that it was taking her away from everyone she loved.

I believe, with your Dad...that in spite of his decreasing memory and ability...this time you have spent with him, was the greatest gift you could have given. On some level, he knew you were there....and with him. And that he is so loved by you.

All I can say to you is to try and be good to yourself, as well. I know how mentally "fragile" you must feel. Hug those wonderful dogs and you'll feel how much they love you. And "talk" to them if it helps! :-) I had some very special "chats" with my two, when I was feeling at my worst...and being able to be "emotional" about what I was feeling inside was worth 100 percent more than any therapy I could have had! :-)

And, please keep talking to us here on the Board. Whenever you want to share your thoughts...and whatever those thought are....please know that we are all with you. I'm not going to ask you any specific questions about your father, right now... as I expect you are tired...and I know how tough it can be to talk about such a sad situation. Just please remember I am here. We are ALL here.

love, Lynn

Old 10-20-2004, 03:55 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisaaahubb HB User

Hey BCB!!!!!!
Glad you are back home....we have missed you
luv,
LISA

Old 10-20-2004, 05:33 AM   #11
Senior Veteran

goddessgrl65 HB User

Hey BC-
How are you?
Sorry to hear about your Dad-
I wanted to say hello-and Hi to everyone..i feel out of the loop-haven't been posting much-busy-w/ work n' life..
Ill be meeting w/ my new therapist on nov 2nd-a little nervous-i lost my dear Dr.-she moved-but refered me to a colleauge(sp?)-she admires and worked with.
I want to keep up-while im tapering-and ultimately getting off-the sub..
Prayers for your dad-and much love to you..
ggrl

Old 10-20-2004, 05:35 AM   #12
(female)

HydroQueen HB User

BC,
My heart goes out to you and your family. My Dad was diagnosed with Dementia at 55. That was 7 years ago. I think it is much harder on my
Mom than anyone. It is a hellish nightmare and also heartbreaking to watch.
Hugs and Prayers, Cat

Old 10-20-2004, 08:16 AM   #13

mernee HB User

Thank you all for your words of support and caring. I appreciate it so much.
Yes hydro, I agree with you, it was more painful to watch my father's wife deal with it, than anything. She is a loving wonderful women whose whole life has been my father, and I feel she is handling it worse than he.

Twinlyn....I do believe that my father was aware of this before us as the stage of Dementia is not what I would classify as early, he is just now not able to hold it together. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness in your post. I am overwhelmed with the love that one can feel through people's thoughts....energy..."vibes" ...Haha. Did I just show my age with that word.

Well, I am off to work..have a good day everyone that reads this today...and make this the day.

Old 10-20-2004, 11:31 PM   #14
(female)

DallasAlice HB User

Hi BCB!

I am so happy, and relieved, to see your post! I am so very sorry, though, for the reasons that surround your absence. I had a feeling (yes, "vibes!") that it was something to do with your father's health situation. It is so very hard to watch the "strong" ones of the family change...my own father, well, his cirrhosis gave way to some mental problems, and the experience that happened between us that was symbolic of the "changing of the guard," was one day while visiting me from another state, he had to go see an attorney regarding a real estate transaction, and he handed me the keys and told me to "...go ahead and drive, kid." It was so very odd and strange...

I hope that getting back into your routine of work and taking care of your dogs, and all the rest of the things we weave into our daily lives, will be enough to help you stay focused and keep you mentally and physically busy. I recall my father-in-law as he went into to Alzheimers and the various stages of it and all the physical and mental changes that he experienced, and it is sad. Plain and simple, it is sad, and that is the only word I can come up with to describe how I felt. I was deeply saddened at the changes, and yet...still hopeful that he knew me, his grandkids, and most of all, that he could feel our love for him. I have no doubt that he did, and I sense that your own father knows, too, of your feelings for him. It is very strange, though, when the parental roles change, and I'd be happy to talk with you anytime about what all you are going through.

Thank you so much for posting and making us aware of your situation. The board carried on, but it was different without your words, that's for sure. On another note, I think Sara is probably back (she started a thread for us to contribute to while she was away. It's called something like "I'm off to rehab!!" and I posted her a "welcome home" as she was admitted on 9/17 for 32 days, I believe, so that should put her back home by now.) I suspect she, too, will have some readjusting to do before we hear from her, but I wanted to pass that thread name on to you in the event you wanted to post to her...it's probably on page 2 as I posted on there the other day.

Again, I do understand the reasons for your absence, and I am so very happy to see your user name once again. You were truly missed...

Love,
Dallas Alice

Old 10-21-2004, 04:04 PM   #15

mernee HB User

Thank you DallasAlice....It is nice to know that if you are having a rough day you can come on here and someone will give you some kind words...and sometimes not so kind.lol..however, they are all welcome. Yes, I am happy to get home, and I do believe that my father needed my visit as much as me. I had not talked to my father for close to 20 years due to my addiction and it was nice to resolve some issues that I had thought I had, which were never really valid only excuses. I love him dearly however, my faith and spiritual beliefs enables me to handle this with a small amount of dignity. I am off and running so I hope everyones day is clean and hopeful and full of love.

Closed Thread