It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2004, 05:41 PM   #1

fisherpard HB User
Wilkey

Wilkey,

My sweet friend. I have not heard from you in several days and am concerned. Is all well?

concerned,
fisherman

Old 09-14-2004, 12:08 PM   #2

Wilkey HB User
Re: Wilkey

My friend Fisherman,
I am doing fine, thank you for checking on me. Day 25, I can't believe it. I still have horrible cravings and spend way too much time mourning the "pills", but I think that is pretty normal.
Last week was the worst, I was just so down and thought that this is how I would have to get used to feeling. This week, however, I have been much better. I am laughing now, and talking to co-workers that I haven't really talked to in two years. I can't believe how isolated I had become. Just communicating with the people that I had to communicate with. Don't get me wrong, I was nice, speaking to them in passing, saying Good Morning, etc. But to actually ask about their children, things like that, I realize that I stopped doing that somewhere along the course of my addiction. Now I have to rebuild other friendships that have fallen to the wayside.
Anyway, I am fine, still not great, but fine.
How are you? I hope that the plan that your doctor put you on has improved your quality of life. Are you ok? How is your pain, is it manageable now?
I know I have said this to you several times, but it has been awhile, so I'm saying it again. You were/are such a support for me during this most crucial, challenging, life-altering time of my life, and, for that, I can never thank you enough.
God Bless You Fisherman!
Your friend always,
Wilkey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2004, 01:40 PM   #3

fisherpard HB User

Wilkey,

Thank you for the kind words and likewise, i could have not made it without you.

Yes, my pain is back under control and I am following the Doctor's orders to a tee. My wife dispenses my meds and is monitoring me closely. I know I am just putting a bandaide on my pain and wish I could find a way to hold it at bay. There is some hope in some of the new drugs that are coming out this fall. They have a big one for Fibromyalgia that shows promise.

My battle and goal is to get to a point where I can control these issues without opiates. Please continue to pray for me because I will never really have my life until I am dependency free.

However, I did feel like a two mile walk last night and am back to excercising so that is a huge plus. Keep talking to me my sweet friend.

fisherman

Old 09-15-2004, 06:06 PM   #4

Wilkey HB User

Fisherman,
Just wanted to check in with you to see how you are doing. Two mile walk yesterday, that is great. I hope today was even better for you.
I heard "Tuesday's Gone" on the radio on my way home from work, memories, huh?
Anyway, I just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you.
Day 26 for me. I had another good day today, two in a row. I am praying that the worst is over now. Realistically I know that I may have won the battle, but I haven't won the war.
I'll say a prayer for you tonight,
Your dear friend,
Wilkey

Closed Thread