It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2004, 05:55 PM   #1

daisye14 HB User
Question just a questian please respond

Hi everyone I just have a questian my docter sees myself and my fiaunce and he cut my fiaunce off c.t. from perks (10/325 4 times daily for 2 mounths).My fiaunce had a near death car accident in july causing him to have post-concussion syndrome,contusion(bleeding muscle)which showed up in his cat scan at the time of the accident.To make a long story short he saw a new primarycare physicion for these issues who perscribed the perks and valuime.We saw the doc. today and he just cut him off saying his muscle should be healed by now,of coarse my fiaunce got upset snd I said to the doc. thats not right because he has major pain issues and he should have at least weaned him off the perks so his body doesnt go into a state of shock,this doc is mine too and he got angry at me for speaking up and said maybe we should find a new docter.My questain is I still have a refill for this doc for vikes because of my siadica but could he call the pharmacy and cancle it just because hes angry at me for sticking up for my fiaunce?My bottle says I have one refill left.So I should be able to fill it even if I dont see this doc again right?Also what do you suggest my fiaunce does?sorry im just worried about him because his pain levels a ten and he still has that contusion and post-concussion syndrome.Please advise...thanx...luv,kell.

Old 09-15-2004, 04:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

goddessgrl65 HB User
Re: just a questian please respond

Hi Kell-
Sounds like a predicament-you could seek a pain management Dr-how come the dr. just cut him off like that?
You can fill the vikes-if its a prescription under 6 months old-to wean off of-the percs-but it might exacerbate the problem if used too long-maybe a quick taper to come off fast-since its only been 2 months.
If hes only been using for that short period-he could try c/t..my sis/boyfriend-stopped using this weekend-after using pills-percs/vikes for a month-daily.
They were fine-one day-a little under the weather-next day..fine.
It takes a while to get addicted-esp..when using for pain issues.
Give it a try-if the pain is bad-seek another dr..but you know what the repercussions are.
peace..
ggrl65

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread