It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2004, 05:41 PM   #1

ScaredHelpless HB User
Thank You so much for your support

Can I just tell you guys that have responded, thank-you so much for your help. I am so surprised at how helpful and inspired I feel just after reading those few words, of encouragement, advice etc. You have all come so far and are winning your battle and that is such an inspiration for us "Newbies"
Wow "Joe.." 220 mg. a day and you have been clean for two months. You should be proud, I wish I was where you are. Are you nervouse at all about coming off the Suboxone? Did you have any side effects? And thanks for your advice on changing from chewing to swallowing whole, I think thats my first step tomorrow. Is to give up the chewing.
Octmon thanks for the support and kind words, they are encouraging and I should stop now, because lets face it, it only gets worse...how are you doing?
Goddess what an inspiring story. Thanks for sharing I hope you don't feel like I was prying. It's stories like that, that inspire me to change, and shows me I can do it!
Thanks for your help, it looks like change and transition is defiantly on the horizone. I don't know though how can I quit when they are in my cupboard everyday. I live with my grandma who gets 200 pills a month and takes MAYBE 50. So even if I went clean, how hard would it be to know there are 100's of those pills in the cupboard and not touch them? I can't move out becuase she can't take care of herself and I am the only one. Do you guys think it's do-able, after I'm clean to be around that many and not relapse?
Me Me ME I would love to hear how all of you are doing....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2004, 09:39 PM   #2

octomon HB User
Re: Thank You so much for your support

Hey SH:
On the suboxone you should be able to handle the pills around. I have personally had hundreds at arm's reach for months and never touched them. I do have to say that part of it is just rejoicing in the reality of being clean and all the renewed self-esteem that comes with it. As long as you remember how BAD it was, and how grateful you are that those days are behind you, it makes it much easier to stay clean, at least in my experience.

Aside from that, maybe there are just some practical things you can do to keep yourself honest. I don't have any ideas here, but maybe somebody else who has been in a similar situation can chime in here.

Anyway you're off to a good start here. Keep up the momentum and enthusiasm and do something every single day toward getting clean and you can succeed. Good Luck!

Old 09-16-2004, 12:53 AM   #3
Inactive

zandy HB User
Re: Thank You so much for your support

Octomon,

Please change your typing script, it's so very hard to read your typing. Oh, and change your color also, please?

Closed Thread