It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2004, 04:02 PM   #1

carly500 HB User
Fisherman I started new antidepresant

Hi Fisherman As you told me to I asked my doctor about cymbalta.He said if I was a new patient he would say no about putting someone on such a new drug but since I have been with him for quite a few years and i have been on many medications he prescribed it to me. He said that the drug it was most similiar to was effexor. I asked him that even tho it doesn't portend to me does it help opitate cravings. He answered that the data is still out on that. I am hoping that it will help me with my cravings. Prozac helped me with my cravings by easing the depression, so I am hoping at the very least cymbalta will do the same. I feel more hopeful then I have in a long time. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your very helpful advice. I feel very comfortable asking you for your advice because of your vast knowledge and your very caring nature. Your very good friend Carly

Old 09-16-2004, 02:20 PM   #2

carly500 HB User
Re: Fisherman I started new antidepresant

Hi again Fisherman I just read today something about cymbalta that you may be interested in. The brain chemicals serotoin and norepinephrine are in it, where as something like prozac and zoloft have only serotoin. The effects of norepinephrine in the cymbalta can influnce the perception of pain The article says cymbalta can help patients who experience physical aches and pains. Did you know it helped pain BTW how are you doing on the subtex. I hope you are doing well. Talk to you soon. Your friend Carly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2004, 04:48 PM   #3

carly500 HB User

Hi Fisherman I know you're busy at work but do I have cooties lol. Write back when you can, I would love to hear from you. your friend Carly

Old 09-17-2004, 05:50 AM   #4

fisherpard HB User

Hey Carley,

If you have the cooties, they are the sweetest ones around.LOL

Yes, I have researched the Cymbalta AD for several months. It could be the answer for so many pain sufferer's that face depression and addiction. Keep me informed how it works with you. I am saving it for my big gun when I need it.
The Subutex is holding my pain at a tolerable level. It's just the constipation that goes with the opiates that is terrible. I would like to be off of them but quality of life is more important. Keep me informed and thanks for being there when I needed you most.

your friend,
fisherman

Closed Thread