It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2004, 10:11 AM   #1
(female)

aquarius72 HB User
not going to get on suboxone...

i've took my last vicodin's on tuesday night...it's now thursday afternoon.

i only had a prescription for 10 of those, which i finished within 2 days, before that i'd been off for almost 3 weeks (that's usually about as long as i stay off, 2-3 weeks).

i saw a family practice doctor today who i did research on on-line and he's one of the few here in austin that does the suboxone treatment for vicodin abuse. i mentioned in a previous post, the office was a little shady looking...they also offer medically supervised weight loss and laser hair removal, and they had a typed up sign at the front desk that read "boxer pupppys for sale" (yes, spelled that way). just odd, that's all.

he came in a barely even looked at me. i told him how i've been addicted for 2 years, how i've tried getting help on numerous occasions by calling the 800# for chemical dependency on the back of my insurance card (he told me that was a waste of time and energy, since insurance companies don't like to deal with addicts). he told me he did offer suboxone therapy, but that it was very expensive and requires a lot of time in his office (which is across town)...he was very cold and went on and on about insurance companies and how they don't like dealing with them regarding this matter.

i asked if i should taper off the vicodin (which i've tried to do twice before, i was just asking...) he said no, most addicts cannot taper themselves. he advised me just to stay off cold turkey and just expect the withdrawals to last about 7-10 days. i told him i know this, i've gone through withdrawals before, it's just the mental craving that does me in every time. he didn't say anything. he was just quick to write me a prescription for ambien and clonindine (????) never heard of clonodine before...i'll post something on that in a second...

i did, however, make an appointment with a regular therapist that specializes in chemical dependency, but can't see her until the end of the month...just realized that is also the same day we are moving so i may have to reschedule. anyway...............that's my story. the good thing is that i'm not on it, i'd like to keep a journal and write down the way i feel each day. i'm very committed to this and don't want it to run my life anymore! i've read so many of your posts and it helps me out knowing that i'm not the only one addicted to these damn pills!!!! we can all get through this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2004, 12:29 AM   #2

ScaredHelpless HB User
Re: not going to get on suboxone...

Your right aquarius we can all get through this. At least your on the right track, you have time "under your belt" you've got a therapist appt. made and you are be proactive in getting yourlife back! I commend you. All I have done is post questions and ask for help, but I keep popping the pills! So at least you have taken some steps. Pat yourself on the back! I have heard nothing but good things about Clondine and my sister is a substance abuse nurse ( FUnny, she has no idea about my problem)! Give it a try and let me know.

Old 09-17-2004, 08:16 AM   #3
(female)

aquarius72 HB User

thanks!

the clonodine does seem to be helping...i'm on day 3 without any V. and haven't really felt any w/d (don't know if it's because i only took 10 in 2 days, and before that, went without it for 3 weeks) i've always felt the withdrawals mainly at night, the ambien has helped tremendously for that...i sleep great. the craving is there though...i'm super-stressed at the moment (by toddler is acting crazy this morning and tormenting his 9 month old sister)...my husband's car is in the shop so i'm stuck in our little apartment by myself with the kids, all day. i know this is going to be hard, but i don't want those things controlling my life anymore.

Old 09-17-2004, 08:58 AM   #4
(female)

kayleighsmom HB User

(script error)

Last edited by kayleighsmom; 04-18-2005 at 09:44 AM.

Old 09-17-2004, 09:57 AM   #5
(female)

aquarius72 HB User

KM-

hi!!! do you mind if i ask how you lost your kids? what happened??

i've been off the lortab since tuesday...i'm done with this, trying to get it...getting off of it for 2-3 weeks at a time, getting back on again....it's too emotionally draining.

i'm done.

Old 09-17-2004, 01:47 PM   #6

andyarj HB User

your making all the right moves . your a smart person i can tell .keep posting aquarius i,m getting encouragment from you thanks.andy

Closed Thread