It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2004, 11:29 AM   #1

Christine1984 HB User
fisherpard and christina I sent u messages u havent responded

hey guys, I sent u both messages and u two havent responded????? I sent chris and fisherpard a message on the thread that sara posted about how she told her parents she was addicted to pain pills. I wrote separate messages to both of you. check them out and then get back to me. I hope you two are doing good. Im at the library now. I dont have a computer at home. I want to get a lab top. fisherpard i responded back to u on that same board. go to the end of that board i just mentioned and u will see my post. What is the easiest way to communicate with u guys and sara. do u have to keep sending messages as threads??? please help.. they dont allow instant messaging here? i put u guys in my buddy list. is that okay??? i gotta go. but check out my posts and respond back to me with info about yourselfs. Love you guys, christina

Old 09-16-2004, 12:05 PM   #2

fisherpard HB User
Re: fisherpard and christina I sent u messages u havent responded

Christine,

I am sorry I missed your post on the other thread. Good for you on quitting the addictive meds and your desire to be whole is very admirable.

I would consider looking for a good doctor who can help more with AD's and help with the sleep.

We constantly battle with weight with my daughter especially around the mid section. So far we have done a pretty good job and she has keep the weight off. She is 5'6" and is about 135lbs. Hair has been the hardest part because she has dark hair. It is not very noticable on her face because we bleech but she does have a fair amount on her arms. The glucophage has helped some and we go back to the doctor next month for a checkup. The last ultra sound showed her ovaries to be normal but the DR says that it don't usually show until late teens.

I will give you more info later when I have more time to get detailed.

wishing you a restful night,
fisherman

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2004, 01:08 PM   #3

Christine1984 HB User

Fisherman, I didnt quit my addictive pills. The dr only stopped one and that aint an addicting pill. that is trileptal he stopped. Im on seroquel, topamax and trazadone still. what i said is that i quit drugs and cigarettes and alcohol. thats what i quit on my own cold turkey without rehab. Its all in the mind. I just occupied my mind elsewhere, but the elsewhere now is obsessing on my health, and hoping im not going to die. By not sleeping for that whole month 6months ago, because i stopped the seroquel cold turkey abrubtly i developed weird tingiling sensations going through my whole body. i also get muscle twitches. i never had this before, until i stopped this drug cold turkey. I did research on whats wrong with me and i found out that its peripheral nerve damage, NEUROPATHY!!! thats what i have.. I never got an ultrasound of my ovaries. who does that. the endocrinologists only listen to my symptoms, then make a diagnoses. You have read my post to chris talking about my whole life and what these pills did to me. The drs did test me for insulin resistance. i do have that. I had to do fasting tests all day for that. Does your daughter have insulin resistance??? how does your daughter only weigh 135. I weigh 205 at 5'7. And i eat very healthy and excersice somewhat. My PCOS and insulin resistance prevents me from being skinny. i eat salmon and fishes and turkey and im still over weight. I dont understand it. NO DR EVER DOES AN ULTRASOUND OF MY OVARIES AND I ALWAYS WANT ONE!!! THEY TELL ME IM TO YOUNG.. Im 20. im a college student, or they dont even mention it to me, they just listen to my symptoms of obesity and facial and inner thigh hair and midsection weight and infertilty and lack of periods that they diagnosed me with PCOS. I guess they dont need tests to prove things. does pcos really cause heart problems. im still not feeling well, with these weird tingiling sensationg going through me, and i get a lot of left chest pain with the sensations. I hope your fine., Gotta go. Love, Christina

Old 09-16-2004, 02:08 PM   #4

fisherpard HB User

Christine,

i really suggest you find a more informed doctor on PCOS because I have only had to deal with this second hand for under a year and really feel my daughter is in good hands. Yes, she has insulin resitance and her Dhea testostrone sp. is high. The glucophage is a diabetic oral medication and even though she is not diabetic research has found that this medication does help with the disease. We had the choice to try this or really not treat at all.
I do believe it has helped her some. The weight , acne and body hair is the hard part of PCOS to treat. She is also on Paxil and has been for a number of years because of "tics" from Tourettes. It has been a very effective drug but also causes weight gain.

So weight gain is a constant battle everyday with her. If I allowed her she would eat all the time. I am diabetic so she has a greater chance of developing it than the average teen.

I also encourage a lot of exercise for her to help keep her fit.

You really need to find the who's who of doctors in your area and have them work together for your wellness. I admire you for reading the Bible and praying because it can give you a lot of strenght. Go to some of the forums on here to find Women's health and maybe someone can point out a good doctor for your PCOS and also go to the depression or mental health forum for advice there.

I wish you the best of luck on improving your health,
fisherman

Closed Thread