It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2004, 01:04 PM   #1
(female)

HydroQueen HB User
Michie.....................throw us a bone!!

Where are you???????????? I am worried. Please reply, even if you are not in the mood to talk, just let us know you are OK. Please!!

Last edited by HydroQueen; 09-16-2004 at 01:05 PM.

Old 09-16-2004, 08:14 PM   #2
(female)

DallasAlice HB User
Re: Michie.....................throw us a bone!!

Yes, what HQ said! Miss ya Michelle and sure would like to know how things are going with you...I find that you cross my mind quite often, and I know others here are looking for you, too.

Maybe things are okay, maybe they aren't, or maybe you're depressed, or maybe you relapsed, or maybe you didn't, but whatever is going on in your life, we just want to know that you are cared about and that we miss you. So please, drop us a post...no questions asked, okay?

Miss you,
Dallas

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2004, 06:51 AM   #3
(female)

kayleighsmom HB User

Hello Michelle,

I'm thinking of you also! Please let us know how you are.

KM

Old 09-18-2004, 02:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Banker HB User

Me too, Michelle!!!!! I haven't been on much over this past week but I look for posts from you and don't see any of them. What is going on? I'm praying that things are going so well, that maybe you feel so much better now you don't really crave? I mean, you have been off of Sub for a long time now and I was just wondering how you are???

I know that people in your family sometimes read this board and that worries me that you aren't posting because of that. If so.... write the moderator and see what your options are.

But you have a LOT of people that care about you and are worried about you... including me. I can only think positively and pray that things are great... but you need to write and tell us what is going on.

Pretty please? I just had to go through IVAN and it was not fun... but we all made it but storms are one of my anxiety phobias... So... pls write us????

Old 09-18-2004, 09:20 PM   #5
Inactive

John 808 HB User

Thanks ya'll- from the bottom of my heart!

Truth is- I am just so busy with "life-" I seldom get to the boards. Now with school back full swing, soccer, choir, Mother's Morning Out, Brownies (Girl Scouts) and not to mention the "regular" day to day duties at home! UGH!

Still clean- somewhat! I say somewhat because I have been taking an Ultram here and there (not every day and just one or two when I do) because of headaches (stopped my birth control shot- hormones???)

Well, planned on "really talking," but "life" has just taken precedence once again........my baby is sick and crying! Gotta go! I promise I will try to get back here tomorrow!

Thanks again for each one of your expressing your concern! God bless,
michelle

Old 09-19-2004, 04:01 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisaaahubb HB User

ahhhhhh Michelle!!! I was thankful to see a post from ya this morning. I want you to be careful with that ultram!!!! I heard some "not so nice things" about it. Have you tried Imitrex for migraines and headaches??? I have had a problem with headaches and migraines now for almost 13 years. I had a spinal headache(OUCH!!!) after i gave birth to my son and it seems ever since then i get massive headaches. My mother does too. Well anyway, Imitrex works wonders, REALLY...i have been taking it for awhile now, non=narcotic, doesn't make you drowsy. Be careful of that "false energy" ultram gives. You will fall into the same rutt w/it as the hydros.
I can totally relate to being so busy.....but that is what got US to where we are today, not having enough time for ourselves, and feeling the need to be "Super-mom/wife" every day. Give yourself a break and take care of YOU! You are greatly missed on these boards. Pop in when you can again. I would love to tell you whats been going on with me and i would like to hear about you and the kiddies, school, just about how your life is going in general.
I miss ya, girl!
Hope to chat soon
luv,
LISA

Old 09-19-2004, 06:17 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

goddessgrl65 HB User

Hi Mich-
Great to hear from you..we miss you here-but obviously things are going well-doing life is a big job-esp..with kids..but the fact you have a solid 3 months-you can see how differant things are..i remember..from sober days past..lol
Still on the sub-and on 4 mgs..
At what dose did you come off?
Im still kinda nervous about it..but its been a year almost..
im happy to hear from you..and i hear ya w/ the headaches..ive been going thru daily headaches..advil helps-but im in lala land-they are so severe-i have to sleep them off.
I thought ultram was non-narcotic?
Well-((((big hugs))) to you...
please keep in touch w/ us..let us know everythings ok w/ you..
much love-
ggrl65

Old 09-19-2004, 08:16 PM   #8
Inactive

John 808 HB User

Thanks ya'll for the concern about the Ultram! I am well aware of its potential danger. That is how I got started on pain pills- headaches! I have tried with no relief- Immitrex, Relpan, Axert, Bextra, Esgic, Vistaril (go figure?), and have tried two preventive meds that just didn't work! Zomig works a little but my fabulous insurance only allows me three a month (50$ a pop, too), so, have to have SOMETHING else that will ease that pain. Ultram does? I meet with my addicitonologist Thursday, so, am really anxious to talk to him about it!!

Glad to hear from all of you and wish I could talk longer but I have a HUGE pile of laundry waiting for me downstairs- UGH!!! Hope to be able to one day (and soon) get to the boards and catchup and like I said last night- "really talk!"

Anyway- take care ya'll and God bless each of you,
miche

PS...Heather, the Ultram is a synthetic and not controlled but can be abused! Probably not a good idea for me to get in a patter of taking this! Ya know!! Okay- bye now!!

Last edited by John 808; 09-19-2004 at 08:18 PM.

Old 09-19-2004, 08:20 PM   #9
(female)

DallasAlice HB User

Whew! Michelle...I am so happy to see you here again! I thought you were "gone with the wind forever!"

I know that life gets in the way, and I know you are very busy with the kiddos and all, plus still adjusting to post-op and post-pill life, but I don't know what it is, but something nags at me that there is more to your story and what's going on with your life than you are saying?! I hope it is just my paranoid mind, and just another Dallas-get-a-life reminder, but I don't know quite how to put my finger on it...but there is just a different "feel" to your posts, I think.

Please, please correct me if I'm wrong, swat me on the nose with some newspaper for being nosey, but please let me know I'm wrong, okay? The bottom line is anyway, that I am just so very happy that you are around again, and I know the whole board is rejoicing that our Michelle is back !

Don't stay away so long next time if you can, okay Michelle? I'm serious...we have been quite worried and you have been the topic of way too many post p.s's, I can't tell you how many posts I've read in the last month that have a p.s. that says "have you heard from Michelle at all?" I was scared for you...and for us. Thanks for coming back and posting and for putting our minds (somewhat) at ease. I'm sorry for having this feeling, and I'm sure it is not even valid, but if it is, talk to us...please?

Love,
Dallas

Old 09-20-2004, 04:26 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisaaahubb HB User

Happy Monday Michelle!!!
I can sense something is different about your posts. Is everything "really" o.k.????? I just have a gut feeling on this one. Try to MAKE time to clue me in. You have helped me numerous times and i would love to return the favor. I got my dental work done, i don't know if you have been following my posts or not.
Gosh can i relate to "heaps of laundry"....seems like it is never ending. I usually HAVE to do at least two loads a day just so the pile won't over-flow onto the kitchen floor. UGH...laundry and dishes, my two worst chores.
My 2yr old b-day is approaching. He will be 3 soon. We have been working on potty-training. He is on again and off again. One day he is thrilled to be wearing "big boy pants" and the next he is screaming bloody murder when i try to put him on the potty. I'll just keep on trying. And we are also trying to get rid of his "binky"...i'm only letting him use it when he is going to bed, or if we are in the car for a long ride.
All of this and still battling my "own" demons. It is hard on us mommies to do what we have to and still put on the "happy face".
Please hang in there, whatever is going on----you CAN make it thru. Headaches and toothaches are the WORST. I have had my share of both in the past 10 years. My mother gets horrible headaches, she pops pills like crazy and can't seem to wonder why she get "rebound headaches" or the asprin isn't working anymore. Maybe it is hereditary. I feel like i am at the beginning of a migraine today....sensitive to light, head is pounding!!! And i have NO IMITREX ugggghhhhhhh!!!!!!
Oh well i'll grin and bear it for today....
Write back soon, Michelle
I'm still worried about you.
luv,
LISA

Closed Thread