It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2004, 06:02 PM   #1

Wilkey HB User
Fisherman

Hello my friend,
I just wanted to check on you, you haven't made too many posts this week. I hope it is because you are out enjoying life. Fall is almost upon us here in Tennessee, isn't it just the most beautiful place in the world to be? Smoky Mountains, amazing...
I'm praying that you had a good week, and you are happy!
Your dear friend,
Wilkey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2004, 11:42 AM   #2

fisherpard HB User
Re: Fisherman

My good friend Wilkey,

Yes, I have been out enjoying life and fall in Tennessee is wonderful. My pain level is better and am exercising more. You seem to be doing better and that makes me smile. Stay in touch and I try to check the boards daily. I think about you and the help you gave me everyday. Thank you for touching my heart when I needed it the most.

your friend,
fisherman

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2004, 01:39 PM   #3

sammi HB User

Hey Fisherman, I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying life again. Hat's off to you!!! You are really a special person and your wife and daughter are very lucky to have you. Even when you were at your lowest you were still giving much encouragement to many on this board. Thanks.........

Have a great weekend,
Sammi

Old 09-21-2004, 06:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

goddessgrl65 HB User

I agree-you are a shining example of making it thru!!!
You did it-Goddess Bless you and your family..
I hope when i come off the sub-ill be as strong as you..
Did you use the hydros-at the end to come off the sub?
I have 12 vikes/8 darvocet..to come off the sub-would that do it???
Just wondering..i was thinking id try it and see if i could..im at 4 mgs now..
enjoy the beauty...
the smokies are amazing-my dad used to live in Camden..
peace..
ggrl65

Old 09-21-2004, 09:16 AM   #5
Inactive

Cali... HB User

Hi fisherman!

This is me...you know me...I'm doing well..I can see you have been doing fine. I know you had to get back on the Sub for pain issues. That is a better solution than any other opiates.

Sammi-
How are you doing with the drop dosages on Sub? Feeling WDs yet? You shouldn't at 1/2mg drop per week.

Ggirl65-
When I tapered off Sub..and then jumped off it..then relapsed went back on Sub and finally used some Vikes to finally get off opiates period. I wouldn't recommend that because you have to be mentally strong. Are you ready for that? I've read all about your history and just since you've been doing so wonderfully in your life now. Im a bit worried for you coming off Sub. Why do you want to get off it? Maybe your husband should get off Sub first and tell you how it is. I beleive women at our age hormonally have a tough time, ya know?

Old 09-22-2004, 06:56 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

goddessgrl65 HB User

Cali-
Thanks for the reply!I took 3 mgs-today-and im fine..coool..i gotta go down-im supposed to go down-i was hangin at 4 mgs..afraid-but i waited to take the sub-till i had some coffee-and decieded to take 3 mgs-and it was no differant..
Ive been reading some horrorshow reports about people coming off the sub-not good-and realise-i gotta go down to crumbs to jump off-it seems like many others have used vikes/darvocet for the residual symptoms-but its not a good idea-as the receptors fire up/and addiction can begin again.
So-back to slooow tapering-ill stick to 3 mgs-for the next month and go to 2 mgs-in late Oct..and so on...
When you hit 1 mg-you can break that in half-this is a very strong med-stronger than i realised according to these reports ive read-YIKES!
My life is better than it was-no doubt..i mean i was a heavy drug addict-and i was crushed emotionally-really messed up my life-
I refuse to go back to that way of life-so i got to be careful how i approach my taper-and make sure i have an aftercare plan-i was thinking-to go to detox for a week when im done-not for meds but for safety-or outpatient recovery-theres a program locally-3 weeks-of treatment while im getting adjusted to sobriety.
So-back to taper..thanks for checkin in-i appreciate your help..
peace/luv-
ggrl65

Closed Thread