It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2004, 04:32 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisaaahubb HB User
Wink Hi Michelle!!!

Hi MIchelle, how are you on this fine Wednesday???? I am hanging in there. The kiddies just got off to school and my 2 yr old is "resting" on the couch, so i thought i would drop you a quick note. For some reason, you have been on my mind alot lately. It is odd, isn't it, how even though we have never met "face to face", i feel like you are a very good friend of mine. Any way, i was just wondering how the ultram thing was going??? My mom has always had massive dibilitating headaches her whole life. She claims if too much pain med. is taken for the headache you will develop what is called a "rebound headache." Maybe you could research it a bit???? I don't know, i am just worried about the ultram thing. I took it myself before, but i can relate, cuz it is NOTHING like an opiate in my opinion. But it DOES give you that buzzy rush, so be careful, O.K.?????
I had major work done on my teeth last Friday.
Took some pain meds., but i had like 6-8 root canals, teeth pulled, bridges put in, and cast, post and porcelain veneers!!! Talk about extreme make-over!!! My teeth were PERFECT until the last pregnancy, and i am sure that throwing up bile 10 times a day for nine months contributed to the decay. Well it costed us an arm and a leg, got a cosmetic loan, but i am not going to have to deal with the "pain" any more and feel so much better and happier because i am confident and can SMILE big now!!!!
So now back to battling my addiction
I am wondering what you think about me getting on the sub.????
Do you think it created something worse by taking it, in the long run or what? I wouldn't say that i have a large habit by any means, but a chronic relapser. I am, though, tackling all of my pain issues, one at a time. Had my wrist operated on, now my teeth.....debating getting a hysterectomy or a cone biopsy. I really don't want anymore kids, i have 4...so at 35, i am done with that!!! Between the teens and my 2 yr old, i am pretty busy. I can see why i started taking those dam pills, for the energy!!! Oh well, i hope you are well and just busy with the kiddies. Well stop in soon and chat, i miss ya.
luv,
LISA

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2004, 05:40 AM   #2
(female)

HydroQueen HB User
Re: Hi Michelle!!!

Bumpin it up. Hey to you too, Lisa. How's it going? I am thrilled for you
about your new smile........although I'm sure you were already beautiful this
must be a big self esteem booster.

Old 09-25-2004, 07:02 PM   #3
Inactive

John 808 HB User

Hey Lisa,

You'll have to scan over to the thread started by HydroQueen, "Dallas..." and read why I am so rarely on the boards these days (don't want to be repetitive) but you can run over there and read that after this if ya want!

So, you had what I had! Cervical cancer! I had that procedure where they go in and freeze the cancer and then "scoop" it out of your cervix! My doctor said the area was small and that she felt like it would re-grow (as the cervix actually re-grows cells) back normally. And at just 31, I didn't want to have to have a hysterectomy! If I knew for sure I did not want any more children, maybe? But, I can't come to that conclusion right now at this point in my life! Now, what is the cone thing? I remember my doctor talking to me about that, too, but she said that the procedure we did is usually done before that one! So, fill me in on that? I have heard good and bad things from women who have had hysterectomys- what about you? I know that is a "hefty" decision to make!

So, are you taking the pain pills regularly? (Forgive me for having to ask, but I have been "away" for several days.) You do what I did (but you would make it longer than I did), but, stop for awhile and then use again! I can't tell you how many times I did that. That is why I became so interested in the sub- I just couldn't stay away from the pills (and plus, I wasn't getting any help from anyone either). I don't know how to advise you on the sub? I have mixed feelings about it? It depends if you are going to get on it and stay on it a good, long time, then maybe so! When I found out it was going to be hard to come off the sub, I began cutting my doses down and that is why I don't think I ever got "stable" on the sub. Plus, my doctor just cut me off- was going to make me join "his program" (which would line his pockets well with my money)! I almost felt like he got me dependant on the sub to then say, "I am not going to RX this to you anymore unless you join the program!" I don't know- my current addictionologist was pretty floored by his actions (my sub doctor)! Anyway- back to you! What are you thinking and what is your habit now? Let me know all that if ya can and want to still talk about it- K?

I am so glad I caught this (actually Lynn told me get over here and find it)! It is like I said in that other post- I still think of you ya'll so much but have so little time now-a-days! Plus, a little "blah" lately (that little scenario is over on the other thread, too)!

Oh- before I go- how are things with your husband? My husband and I went to a counseling session about two months ago (we were not communicating too well) and that one session helped alot! He just needed to hear from another person that he was being a jerk! LOL! Just kidding! With all this "drug stuff" and "the cancer stuff" I somewhat "shut down" emotionally and he didn't know how to respond and then I would get mad when I thought he should be responding a certain way- all that good stuff!!! We are doing alot better in communicating now-a-days!

Okay- off to get the kids back in bed (who were initally put to bed before I came up here and I can hear them running around- where the heck is Daddy?) ...UGH!!! I am sure they have probably woken the baby up, too, since I can hear them from all the way up here!

I'll check back with ya in a day or so- K? Likewise, I consider you a "special friend!" Love and hugs,
Michelle

Old 09-25-2004, 10:09 PM   #4
(female)

DallasAlice HB User

Hi Michelle!

It's so good to have you back! I mean it, you sound like yourself again, and it's like the board is "whole" once again. You've always been here, and there is a lot of comfort associated with your presence here, so the thought that you might be gone or just not fully with us in your posts was so sad, and I found myself actually grieving you and your posts...until tonight that is! Yay!!!

Well, it is late and it's been a busy b'day! I just wanted to say hi and let you know how very glad I am to hear from the real you again. Please don't ever feel that you have to put on a happy face when you post here, all we really want is the comfort of your presence and the knowledge that you are back, and you are here posting with us once again.

I have a lot to share with you on the cervical conization--I had it done in 1987. And now that you're back and Lisa's got her beautiful smile to add to her list of other assets , I'd love to share my story with the cervical cancer and how I felt afterwards. Yes, Michelle, I've also had a hysterectomy when I was 42, so I totally understand why you would want to put that off as a last resort...I've often wondered if, given your extremely large heart, if you were truly done with having a family, after all, you are very young still and have so much to offer a child, that it's nice that if for now, you can leave that part of yourself open.

Gotta catch some more b'day zzzzz's (a nap was also one of my gifts to myself...LOL!), but will write more to you later! I'm so happy you're back to posting in true Michelle form again!

Love,
Dallas

Old 09-28-2004, 08:14 PM   #5
Inactive

John 808 HB User

Thanks Dallas and I responded a minute ago to the "Dallas..." thread or started a response and was interupted by a husband and his lost sunglasses (at 10:00 at night???)? Run over there.....

Lisa- BUMPIN IT UP!!!

Michelle

Closed Thread