It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2004, 03:05 AM   #1

dayne4recoveri HB User
Unhappy please help...loritab addiction

Hi everyone, I am new to this whole idea of net discussion boards, but from what I have read I feel like this could be a good move. I have been taking hydro for the past year, everyday...the doses increase and I want to stop. I have tried tapering off and my mind proves to be too weak. I know I can do this, but I don't have any support from people who have the same problem, none of my friends who have the same problem are interested in stopping; and everyone else (family, other friends) have no idea how serious my addiction really is. I know I am not alone, but I am starting to feel that way. I have been on the internet for the past 5 hours searching for anything--as my last but hopeful attempt for support.

I hope I have come to the right place---if not, I would appreciate any direction or suggestions. I am a full-time student in my senior year; I would really like to finish school without having to extend my graduation date. All treatment programs are so expensive...I feel strong but have realized I can't do this alone.

Thanks for listening...and good luck to everyone, you all sound very supportive.
-d

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2004, 07:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

goddessgrl65 HB User
Re: please help...loritab addiction

Dayne-
You have come to the right place-because-there are success stories here-
Many people have found there way out on these boards-it makes sense-many addicts are secretive about there problem.But we can all support each other-w/o fear..its a great place..w/some excellent info/intelligent/compassionate people.
So-WELCOME...
Now-how can i help you?
You need to detox-first..
Can you take 5-7 days off-during vacation and get yourself into detox?
There are other options-for outpatient detox-including suboxone/methadone-in a drs. office-
These meds will taper you off the hydro-medicate you-to help w/ the withdrawals-but most importantly you need to be prepared for after your detox-
You are not weak-the drugs take over-every part of your life-and opiates are sooo addictive-you literally change your brain chemistry.
So-don't beat yourself up-you got your whole life ahead of you-get off the vikes now-so you can live your life..it just gets worse.
Your tolerance builds-the obsession gets more insidious-and it can lead to harder opiates-H/oxys-you know..
You can access fREE treatment-many detoxs will provide free beds to uninsured patients-and students-
you can call your local hospital and get info-for detox clinics in your area-
if you have insurance-call them-ask for substance abuse care-your all set.
Im here-if you need help-and im sure you'll get more replys to help you-
Start w/ looking into detox-and most importantly-aftercare-meeting-AA/NA or therapy/counceling for support.
hope this helps you-
GGrl65

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2004, 08:02 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

windysan HB User
Re: please help...loritab addiction

Goddess pretty much told you the whole deal. Get detoxed and then do LOTS of meetings afterward. The best option is detox then a 28 day rehab but if you have school then you can go to LOTS of meetings instead. Good luck slaying the monster.

Closed Thread