It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2004, 08:08 AM   #1

sammi HB User
GGRL65 how are you?

I was just checking in on you =)
How are you doing?
I get worried when I don't see any post from you....

Love,
Sammi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2004, 08:44 AM   #2
(female)

agentalias HB User
Re: GGRL65 how are you?

I'm worried too. Please post and tell us what's going on, sweetie. I know you were having a hard time with the drop on your Sub. You know that we understand here!

Take care

Last edited by agentalias; 09-28-2004 at 08:44 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2004, 01:37 PM   #3
Inactive

Twinlynn HB User

Godessgrl!

Yes, I was just thinking the same thing....how ARE you. I know you weren't great the other day. And if you're feeling withdrawal symptoms from the sub taper, I'm sure you don't feel like writing! Is your family okay?

Please write and share your "tsourus"!! :-) And I'll share my own depressing foot surgeon visit, yesterday!!

xxx Lynn xxx

Old 09-28-2004, 02:14 PM   #4

froggirl HB User

Crap, now I'm worried about goddesgirl, she was such a sweetie and replied to my desperate I-need-advice thread, now I want to make sure that she's ok. That's why I love this board, everyone looks out for each other...I'm begining to think it's one of the only places on earth where people actually try to help each other! (Maybe that's just my warped, going-through-w/drawel view, but I swear, its like the rest of the world {some, not all, Dr.s included} doesn't give a s*#t)

Old 09-29-2004, 08:14 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

goddessgrl65 HB User

Have i told you how much love/appreciation i have for this board-and you guys-thanks for calling me out..
Is everyone ok????
Im ok-i was getting"freaky"-but im adjusting to the drop-in dosage.
Its a rollercoaster-im up/down-but hangin' on...
If i could seperate myself-from the external chaos-of my family-id be great..but its family.
My own lil group-me/hubby/son-are well-my best friends-we are lucky in that respect-cos altho there are problems-we truly love and look out for each other.
My abusive past-(dad)..and neglectful mother-did teach me-to not follow there path-but im always getting hassled-somehow-my family needs me-but for unhealthy reasons-scapegoat/helper/therapist..
Its personal heavy stuff-that keeps me in therapy-(woody allen)..lol..
But yeah-im hanging in there-and i really feel blessed to have such kind people to communicate w/...we do have a comfort zone here..of friendship and caring..lucky us!!!!
(((((((((hugs))))))))love...xoxoxo
thanx guys..
ggrl65

Old 09-29-2004, 09:26 PM   #6
(female)

DallasAlice HB User

Hi GoddessGirl,

You sound much better...I, too, was worried and wondering given the change in therapists, etc. I really liked the way you worded your "best friends!" If I ever get the chance again, that is how I want it to be...friends first, lovers & family next.

Take care, you are always in my thoughts even when I don't post as often as I should to some very striking posts. Kind of like 'so many posts, so little time'...yet then I see you post a reply, and then I know you're okay, and tend to let it go at that. I won't do that again.

Love ya,
Dallas

Old 09-30-2004, 07:12 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

goddessgrl65 HB User

Ms dallas-ALICE..
How are you?
Great hearing from you-we haven't posted to each other in ages it seems-
I have been reading your progress-its incrediable how well you are doing-how much your life has changed-MMT-is a lifesaver for so many addicts-i don't understand why people have such an attitude toward maintainence meds-not fair.
Walk a mile in an addicts shoes-and then gimmee some truth-i feel even AA/NA (na isn't as harsh)-has a stigma against sub/meth users-
If its a disease-why can't you take the proper medication to help?
But-you are a shining...example of turning your life around w/ this treatment-thats what its all about-you have a job/a family-a home...dreams..life...
I see my "hip shrink 2 more times-and then ill be starting up w/ a new female dr.
I haven't met her yet-but she was recomnmended by my therapist that i love dearly..
I was really horrified for a couple weeks-but now ive accepted the change-and thanks to the board-come to realise-i may continue the work ive started-and maybe-the change will be a new chapter-new insights.
No matter what-i need to continue-and got to keep trying.
I gotta get pug out..he needs his walky!
((((hugs))))
ggrl

Old 09-30-2004, 08:17 AM   #8

sammi HB User

My little friend you sound soooo much better. You know I was thinking it may not be a horrible thing after all with seeing a new therapist. Sometimes change is good...but trust me I know how hard it will be on you to see a new therapist. I also want you to know that you are better than all your family members that keep bringing you down. You don't need or have to put up with that crap!! They are obvisouly jealous of you!!! It sounds like you have a great support system from your hubby and son, so if all your family is going to do is stress you out, just tell them you're not going to put up with it anymore!! I know easier said than done, but honey you have to think about yourself FIRST because if you don't, you know their not!!!
It's funny how some of you on this board really affect me, being we have never met and I get really stressed out for some of you. It makes me so angry to hear that your family treats you the way they do. Just remember you are better than they are and don't lower yourself to their standards!!

Girly you know I love you and I'm always (try to be) here for you...
Sammi

Closed Thread