It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2004, 08:44 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

DCV HB User
In two hours I'll be on Methadone or Suboxone.

The time has arrived to take another step toward recovery. I've been going to NA for a week now every day and today I will start Methadone or Suboxone. Wife is going with me to the appointment, she might be upset when she learns all the nasty details but, this has to end.

Old 09-30-2004, 08:52 AM   #2
(female)

agentalias HB User
Re: In two hours I'll be on Methadone or Suboxone.

congrats on your decision. Great job on your decision of recovery! you're on a road to happiness!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2004, 09:07 AM   #3
Veteran

bluejulie5 HB User

Oh how great!
I made that same decision about 2 months ago, and I am so glad.
GOOD LUCK.
I am on methadone.
I have heard good and bad things about methadone,
but so far I am doing allright.
We will see how I do after I take my last pill.
Anyway, that is great news about you
and I wish you the BEST.

Old 09-30-2004, 11:36 AM   #4

WA2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCV
The time has arrived to take another step toward recovery. I've been going to NA for a week now every day and today I will start Methadone or Suboxone. Wife is going with me to the appointment, she might be upset when she learns all the nasty details but, this has to end.
That was the bad part about going into detox...my wife had no idea about the extent of my problem. It all came out, it really hurt her and I will always feel guilty for that. But you have to face your probelm, as you are. That is kickass man. It is very hard to accept you have a problem and reach out for help. I dont know you but I am proud to know you are doing it. Your wife will not trust you for a long time, you will have to build it back up. Butif she loves you she will stick with you not matter what. I am in the process of trying to rebuild what I messed up. It will come with time.

Get on Suboxone. Please. Methadone can be just as addictive as anything else. I am not saying it is bad, but when Iwas in detox 3 of the 6 there were there because of Methadone. All I do is preach about Suboxone, but it saved me, and my family. It is the best thing that ever, well...it was wonderful to know there is something out there that can make it so you can actually quit and not feel like you are dieing in the process. Trust me ont his one.

Last edited by WA2; 09-30-2004 at 11:41 AM.

Old 09-30-2004, 12:58 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

DCV HB User

I'm on 30mg of meth a day 10mgs every six hours. I have the worst possible combination which is, the real need for serious pain relief and the dependancy on opiates. So, we went with the meth simply because the VA Hospital in Leavenworth, KS doesn't have sub on their formulary. But my doctor is fighting to get them to buy it. 19 VA Hospitals have decided to stock it, so when and if my VA Hospital buys it, I will switch to sub. I have to say, I owe my life to my doctor. She is a psychiatrist with over twenty years of experience and she specializes in addictionology. She really knows her stuff and I'm in good hands. So, thanks to all of the folks on this DB who helped keep me headed in the right direction, it took some time but here I am on the road to recovery. Oh, also, I've taken 20mg of methadone, and feel a barely percpeptiple buzz, but nothing to get excited about. Thanks all for the support and I'll keep checking in. Hopefully I'll be a veteran in recovery experience and can pass something on to those addicts who follow.

Ciao,
DCV

Closed Thread