It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2004, 07:07 PM   #1

psychbaby HB User
yay! off and not so terrible!

Hi everyone,

A week ago I posted that I was wondering what I was going to do as far as my Vicodin addiction (up to an average of about 300 mgs a day).

Well, thanks to your help and my determination to stop using, I told my internist, my husband and family, and went into detox for 5 days. Just got home today.

I just wanted to share with you that I am feeling great, withdrawing truly wasn't that bad, it really wasn't. Actually, the worst day was the 1st day of not using anything (the day before I went into detox - I didn't have any)

No meds were given during detox, except Clonidine, which, altho originally used for lowering blood pressure, they also discovered that it helps to reduce symptoms of withdrawal associated with alcohol, nicotine, or narcotics. So that was cool... and also Ambien to sleep if I wanted it (which of course I did 'cos I was going to take anything I could!)

Anyway, I want to thank all of you who responded to my drugged up posts before. It really helped me to make the final decision with all of the other info I gathered.

And to everyone who is still struggling and stuck in the crap of addiction and the pain of knowing that you have to stop but just can't yet, it really really really wasn't bad! You can handle it if you really want to. I simply say that because now having gone thru it, I can say that. Granted, it's only been 6 days of NO Vicodin, but trust me, I was scared to DEATH of quitting and everything involved around it - having spent all of the money from my business and wondering how the hell I was going to tell my family and get off of work and so on and so on.

But I did it.

And you can too if you really want to bad enough and are willing to do whatever it takes to get clean and free from the grip of some damn little bitty pill.

thanks everyone, and good luck!
gratefully yours,
~pb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2004, 06:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

goddessgrl65 HB User
Re: yay! off and not so terrible!

Thats awesome-psychbaby..
Well alright to you-thats good news for everyone gripped w/ fear of w/d..addiction..
You did it-and (((((big hug))))-you lived!!!lol
Its not easy-now the hard part ...
cravings..watch those..feelings..remember..it will pass-you really should get some meetings-or therapy in place for aftercare..
The monster lays in wait..we all need help-beyond detox-
i go to therapy..
I take suboxone..
Ill probably go to detox/rehab-when im thru tapering-im down to 3 mgs..
you did it-clonidine..its not the easiest detox...but you don't have the residual methadone/sub in your body..
you are truly clean..
goddess bless...
ggrl65

Old 10-02-2004, 09:07 AM   #3
(male)

Vanguard HB User
Thumbs up Re: yay! off and not so terrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goddessgrl65
Thats awesome-psychbaby..
Well alright to you-thats good news for everyone gripped w/ fear of w/d..addiction..
You did it-and (((((big hug))))-you lived!!!lol
Its not easy-now the hard part ...
cravings..watch those..feelings..remember..it will pass-you really should get some meetings-or therapy in place for aftercare..
The monster lays in wait..we all need help-beyond detox-
i go to therapy..
I take suboxone..
Ill probably go to detox/rehab-when im thru tapering-im down to 3 mgs..
you did it-clonidine..its not the easiest detox...but you don't have the residual methadone/sub in your body..
you are truly clean..
goddess bless...
ggrl65

Congratulations on your progress!!!

Old 10-02-2004, 10:37 AM   #4

psychbaby HB User

Thanks guys.

Well, today I feel pretty sh*tty. Almost like a new day of withdrawing, except that I'm honestly not wanting or craving to use

I know these days will happen, just that after coming home yesterday and being so freakin' high on *life* it's kind of a bummer.

I just don't know what to do about it... I'm drinking a healthy vitamin drink and plenty of water... took my vitamins... told my husband... just don't know what to do with myself.

Tomorrow morning we're going to the gym together, so that's cool. Can't sleep. Can't do anything really (or don't feel like it).

poo.

Oh well. This too shall pass.

~pb

Old 10-02-2004, 10:56 AM   #5
Veteran

bluejulie5 HB User

I am so happy for you.
That is GREAT news.

Old 10-02-2004, 07:04 PM   #6

octomon HB User

Hey PBaby,
You're just taking a ride on the "Recovery-Rollercoaster". It's OK. God this takes so MUCH patience. You have the tools, so keep your eye on the big picture when those 'bummer' days roll around. Congratulations on the detox!

Old 10-02-2004, 08:12 PM   #7

psychbaby HB User

I know I read a handful of posts before about things to take for withdrawing/anxiety symptoms - in the vitamin arena that is. Now I can't find them (nope, the search didn't find anything).

Anyone care to name a few? Vitamins? Herbs? or?? A sledge hammer to the head?

Just feeling very antsy-icky tonite.

gracias,
~pb

Old 10-03-2004, 04:48 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

goddessgrl65 HB User

psychbaby-
I know-this is the hard part.
The anxiety-can be debilitating..
Try valerian(like a natural valium) for anxiety-
any kind of exercise-walking is good-deep breathing...meditation..
accupunture for depression/anxiety-massage..
and keep talking..post/vent/rant-
just dont use..
did you look into a therapist-or meetings yet???
im here for you..
ggrl

Closed Thread