It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2004, 03:04 PM   #1

neecy:) HB User
Talking first timer

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Hi everyone my name is denise and im a first timer here and the first time i have admitted this .Im 25 and i am addicted to prescription painkillers.
Im not going to rehab im doing it myself i decided enough is enough and im going to do it , ive been able to hide it from family for 2and a half yrs and now its time to stop. so i hope to get some support from this page.
Thanks guys and i'll check in again soon

Luv Neecy(denise)[/FONT]

Old 10-03-2004, 03:45 PM   #2
Veteran

bluejulie5 HB User
Re: first timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecy:)
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Hi everyone my name is denise and im a first timer here and the first time i have admitted this .Im 25 and i am addicted to prescription painkillers.
Im not going to rehab im doing it myself i decided enough is enough and im going to do it , ive been able to hide it from family for 2and a half yrs and now its time to stop. so i hope to get some support from this page.
Thanks guys and i'll check in again soon

Luv Neecy(denise)[/FONT]

HI Denise.
May I ask you how many a day you take, and are you thinking
about tapering down by yourself?
I suppose some people could do that, but I tried and I couldent
and I have heard alot of people say that they could not taper down either.
Good luck to you though, maybe you can do it yourself instead of rehab?
Maybe if we had a little more info. about you we could give you some advice???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2004, 09:31 PM   #3

antjay HB User

Hi Denise, First of all, good luck to you. I too hid it from my family for about 3 years. I have been clean for 22 days and I feel really good because my parents and family knows now. You will need a lot of support. That is why I suggest you go and get detoxed. I was only in detox for 3 days and now am going to outpatient therapy. I can honestly say that if I had not gone to detox, I would still be using. Sometimes we need that slap in the face to do it.

I too tried to taper down several times but an addict can not do that really successfully in my opinion. Especially without support from the family. I know it is hard to tell your family but you will be surprised how much better you will feel. Odds are they already have an idea. My parents confronted me several times about it and I lied every time. I took alot off of them too when I finally admitted it because they were so worried about me.

I hope this has helped some, just know that you are going to be ok, and think seriously about telling someone. Good luck to you and let us hear about your progress.

ANTJAY

Old 10-04-2004, 03:08 AM   #4

neecy:) HB User

hi there im ashamed to say i take at least 15 a day..but ive done it myself before so maybe no not maybe WILL!! do it again
Luv neecy

Old 10-04-2004, 07:14 AM   #5
Veteran

bluejulie5 HB User

15 a day?
Don't be ashamed.
I took over 20 a day, and many other people have taken even more than that.
We are addicts.
Have you told your Family?
How are you doing?

Closed Thread