It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2004, 09:36 PM   #1

Roder HB User
Suboxone not really working!

Okay guys, what is up with this? Yesterday and today at around 2:30-ish I started to feel my pain again just as if the sub had worn off. You know, the way you could feel when the hydro wore off. And after that happens, I get grouchy and weepy cuz I'm tired of the pain and thought I wasn't supposed to be feeling it. I'm going crazy! I need something for the pain and there's nothing I can take! What did I get myself into with this sub? In the first half of the day, I'm okay. But the second half is where I'm struggling. Why is that? I know that during one of my hospital stays, I wasn't getting my pain relieved with a pretty strong pain medication; am I so tolerant? Can sub cause kidney or urinary problems?

I'm sure a lot of you on these boards are asleep right now but could maybe you post in the morning so I can see what you have to say about this before I go to my appt in the a.m.? I'm ready to say I don't want to be on this anymore and I don't know how to get back on the hydro or possibly a long acting med. How long are you supposed to wait after taking sub before you're allowed to take a different medication? If I'm already at 12 mgs of sub and it's not working, what would I have to go up to get pain relief? I didn't want to be up so high in mgs cuz I wanted to get off completely. But if I obviously have to, then I'd just assume be on something that I don't have to spend so much money on & have so many appts to get.

I'm sorry for rambling but I get so emotional later in the day and I wasn't like this before (on the hydro). It's almost like I'm depressed at these times. Well, I guess I better put myself to bed since I'm too miserable right now. This is like Jekyll & Hyde!!!!

Thanks you guys and talk with you later!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2004, 05:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

goddessgrl65 HB User
Re: Suboxone not really working!

Roder-
Hold on-you are w/d from the hydro-like methadone-you still have w/d to a certain extent-you feel better than taking nothing...i remember..when i quit H-and started the sub-i was kinda ill-for a few days..i almost thought sub doesn't work.
But then-once i was stabilised-i could feel the differance.
It takes about a full week to really settle in..and have it work-as your body is w/d..
im not sure about the pain issues and how well suboxone works-on pain..
Give it a chance..and i do feel you'll be ok..remember your body has to adjust.
peace..
ggrl65

Old 10-04-2004, 08:37 AM   #3

sammi HB User
Re: Suboxone not really working!

Roder, hang in there. Sorry to hear you're in so much pain!! If you are having so much pain than I'm thinking maybe Suboxone may not work for you, sorry. But I'm not sure. I think fisherman started taking Subutex and I think with Subutex you can actually take pain med if necessary. I think this is the case, if anyone knows differently please let me know.

Definitely let your Dr know what's going on for he will be the best one to tell you what you should do. Sorry I wasn't of more help.

Closed Thread