It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2004, 06:04 AM   #1

psychbaby HB User
addicted to EVerything?

Hi guys,

As I'm sitting here wringing my hands and feeling pretty uncomfortable (still withdrawing I suppose), I was thinking about stuff.

I'm curious whether those of you addicted to drugs (of any kind) have found that if you've quit, are there other, umm... "addictions" that you find yourself gravitating to? Or have a history of? And maybe more socially *acceptable* activities? Like, shopping? or dieting? Maybe not even so socially acceptable, but do you simply find yourself in need of that something, whatever that may be?

I don't know, I'm just going a little bit wacky over here - don't feel like using necessarily - just don't like feeling this way.

Anyway...
Have a safe day everyone,
xo
~pb

Old 10-08-2004, 11:11 PM   #2

drong HB User
Re: addicted to EVerything?

well, people that have addictive personalities find things to be addicted to.
I was reading a little about obsessive-compulsive disorder....its kinda that

here is a some kinda-quote-ish from what I read:::

its a thing, the addiction or the habit, that fills that uncomfortness, and you know what youre doing isn't helping, but it helps with the void...err..the addiction.

I am in thought at moments...and sometimes I believe this obsessive compulsive behavior ..it seems like it stems from a similar certain part of the brain known to layman's as "laziness"....

WEEEEEL, I COULD do the dishes, but Ill just sit here and sort the cd's , or delete files, or .......

Man, it seemed like when Id smoke weed, Id wanna listen to music and zone out all the time.... rarely it was going on a walk in nature , or ...ehh, shopping... that can be addictive.

Is life that complicated? The fundamentals are there (for most of us) , and we have to implement all these other things..........

DR_WRONG's Diagnosis for psychbaby : {{

** go rent and watch the movie "The Gods Must Be Crazy"
( I found this film from 1983 at my local library)

** when you feel like shopping and you really can't afford it, sit on your hands and cluck like a chicken

** Get used to the feelings you have. Know them. And know that they can only affect your decisions if you let them to.

-dr wrong

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2004, 10:17 PM   #3

psychbaby HB User
Re: addicted to EVerything?

ahh, Doc Wrong... made me smile.

I guess I was just thinking too hard... can't seem to find the energy to do much else, altho that in itself can take a lot of energy!

Thanks for your, mmm, diagnosis.

~pb

Closed Thread