It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2004, 07:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User
Off the Ambien!

And sleeping w/out it pretty good. Instead of just stopping it , i weaned off if it slowly. I don't want to take that stuff ever again!

Halls

Old 10-04-2004, 09:39 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

windysan HB User
Re: Off the Ambien!

Good job !! That stuff is gross.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2004, 07:45 AM   #3

Christine1984 HB User

Im so happy halls!!! thats great. ambien is the worst for sleep. trazodone os alright for sleep. its nonaddictive!!! try things in the health store for sleep. all natural things. like kava kava. valerian root. these are all natural for sleep. and they work, but you have to take l;ike 5 or 6 of them for them to work. good luck. christina

Old 10-13-2004, 04:50 PM   #4

Shay0810 HB User

I am trying to get off of Ambien. I have taken it for years. Just this last week, I started needing more than one pill to get me to sleep at night. I can't nap during the day at all...no matter how much I need to because my body says "gotta have that ambien dose before I'm gonna go into zzzz-land"

Any suggestions on how to get off this drug. It really effects my life in a negative way. I have periods of amnesia where I have done stuff (nothing major) and can't remember any of it. Not major things, like I said. One time I got up and ate two boxes of candy....evidence of the empty candy boxes was the only clue I had. One time while I was asleep, my husband spilled a coke in our bedroom...I apparently told him not to bother to clean it up because the whole house looked like crap anyway. Why he listened to me, I do not know

Anyway, I want off of it. I don't really want to admit to my family that I am hooked on it. My marriage is in a really sucky place right now so seeking help from my husband is not an option.

What do you think? Any hope of me kicking this alone? Thanks. Shay

Old 10-13-2004, 05:53 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Anti Social HB UserAnti Social HB UserAnti Social HB User

Yes,Trazadone is better for insomnia.I am prescribed 100mg,works great.
I also have taken ambien and experienced hallucinations.I felt like I was "tripping"..Weird stuff!

Old 10-14-2004, 11:39 AM   #6

Shay0810 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Social
Yes,Trazadone is better for insomnia.I am prescribed 100mg,works great.
I also have taken ambien and experienced hallucinations.I felt like I was "tripping"..Weird stuff!
Thanks Anti. I don't want to change meds...I want to get off them. I am so tired of feeling like crap. I know my dependency on Ambien is the main reason I feel crappy during the day (plus the amnesia while I am on it is just down right weird/scary). I have other meds that I should taper off too. Migraine meds mostly. One drug at a time though...I am a chicken when it comes to physical symptoms I need to go through to get off these things.

I just wish I knew how long it would take to be able to sleep again once I stopped taking Ambien. I tried tapering it off...and that works until things get hectic in my life and I go right back to taking a whole pill.

I wish I had never been prescribed sleep meds. I was prescibed them because I have a lot of nerve pain as a result of a surgery...it's hard to get to sleep with nerve pain (no pain meds work on nerve pain either). So, the sleep meds helped me get to sleep...I liked that. But I ended up with two problems...still have the nerve pain and I'm dependent (or addicted?) to the Ambien. Life is too danged short for this!

Old 10-14-2004, 12:32 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Anti Social HB UserAnti Social HB UserAnti Social HB User

I understand where youre coming from.I have terrible insomnia & have been on Trazadone for a while now.I am scared that I am getting addicted.I just wish I was a "normal' sleeper,who falls asleep w/ no problem!!

Old 10-15-2004, 12:56 PM   #8
(male)

Vanguard HB User

I'm off Ambien too. Ran out of pills and I don't want to call or visit the doctor for a refill. I'm fighting the opiate battle, I don't want another one.

You may find it difficult to sleep for now because psychologically, you are dependent on it. You may feel physical WDs too. Be strong! We are right behind for support.

Closed Thread