It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2004, 02:42 PM   #1
(female)

StarToo HB User
Unhappy Need a little encouragement please

I have been on this board a few times. Have kicked a few times and relasped a few times. I'm on my third day. I went to work and was totally misirable. I have done this so many times I guess I forget what actually happens. Will day 4 be better? I know this won't kill me, but can someone who has been through it to send some encouraging words my way. I need em.....bad. My husband called my Dr. so I know my supply is cut off. I am actually relieved because I don't want pills to rule my life. I just feel ashamed and stupid.
Anyone out there? Star

Old 10-04-2004, 02:46 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

windysan HB User
Re: Need a little encouragement please

Plenty of people here empathize/sympathize. Day 4 from what? If it is opiates then you know the drill....headaches, vomiting, diahrrea, craving, cramps, hallucinations, hot/cold sensations....all that good stuff. If your dose is low then it'll probably feel like the flu for a few days. Best to take some sick time and do it at home. Make it stick this time.

good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2004, 03:40 PM   #3

froggirl HB User
Re: Need a little encouragement please

Star, I'm not sure what you are withdrawing from (my poison of choice is painkillers - but I actually have a medical need for them, so that double-sucks {is that a word?}). ive been in the same boat (still am) but I mean, I've quit, relapsed, quit, relapsed, and here I am now. It can be quite uncomfortable, but you WILL get through it! It is a very positive thing that you are actually relieved that your supply is cut off. That is a good sign that you are ready to quit this cycle for good. No more pills in control of your life. I think Wendy's idea about taking a few sick days is a really good one! Drink lots of water, I've heard that this can help flush out toxins quicker. Good luck to you, I'll say a prayer for you!

Closed Thread