It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2004, 07:19 PM   #1

Impalpable37 HB User
Question Need Help...Scared

Hello. I need some serious advice on kicking my pill habit. I never really thought I had much of a problem b/c I don't take a lot of pills per se, but I know I am dependent on them daily. I've been taking 3-5 Vicoprofen 7.5 mg a day for about 4 months. I've never taken any pills before 6pm and tend to take 2 at a time 2x a night. It always seemed like no big deal, but lately I noticed how many empty bottles I have and now my dr. won't refill my last bottle and I'm not a dr. shopper/Not too mention it's time to quit. I have (3) 7.5mg pills left and decided to take 1 a night until I'm out, but I want to know what to expect when I go CT. Since I haven't been on them for years or taking them all day will my withdrawal be as severe as some of the postings I've seen here? I'm scared b/c I just started a new job and can't miss work no matter what. Being that I'm new at my job it is mentally challenging and I'm worried about what will happen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there anyway I could put myself into rapid withdrawal over the weekend? Hot baths, herbal supplements, anything? What is the average legnth of withdrawal? Please help me. I don't have the courage to tell anyone I'm close to b/c I don't want to be judged and I've done a good job of covering it up so far. Any advice would be appreciated...even most, the brutally honest advice.

Old 10-05-2004, 05:17 AM   #2

dsny HB User
Re: Need Help...Scared

I dont think that you will have to much difficulty because you are not a very heavy user and you have been taking them for a short time.You may have a few days of discomfort and may have some sleep problems the first couple of nights.Hot baths will help with any muscle pain that you may have and help relax you.Within 2 weeks you should be back to 100% but I think it might be closer to a week.Good Luck and make sure you do stop now before it gets any worse and its really tough to stop.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread