It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2004, 04:15 PM   #1
(male)

jwf222 HB User
is this the start of withdrawls?

i posted some questions earlier, but to save yall the time of going back and finding it, ill start over. for about the last 2 months i either taken a percocet or vicodin almost every day. mainly percs, with just a few vicodins thrown in. (usually 1 10mg vic per day OR 1 7.5 mg perc per day, never mixed em) well i made the decision to quit, and have stopped (although a couple days later than planned). anyway its been 48 hours since i had a percocet (my main enemy) and about 30 hours since i had a vicodin. i just woke up from a nap and started having nausea and some diareha. i also just took a valium becasue i was having a panic attack worrying that this was the start of withdrawls. i had hoped at the relativly low doses i was taking there wouldnt be any real physical withdrawls. so i guess i wasnt prepared for this, and i know if it is withdrawls it'ss only get worse. so what do yall think? do i just have an upset stomach or am i heading for 3 days of misery? HELP im freakin out!

Old 10-05-2004, 08:19 PM   #2
Inactive

Antney3030 HB User
Re: is this the start of withdrawls?

Your withdrawl is normal although it shouldn't last to long. From all opiates you can expect to have so type of withdrawl, considering the amount of time you used, along with the serverity of the type of opiates you were taking, things shouldn't get to bad. Expect to have some restlessness trying to sleep, your bowel movements may be abnormal, and you have have tightness in your musles and pain in your joints. Possibly feel like you have a flu for a couple days, but it shouldn't even be that bad or even to that extent. Make it 7 days off that stuff and you'll be fine. Although I do not suggest taking Valium to calm down, your just replacing one drug for another, even though they have different effects. Try getting some herbal medicines for sleep and restlessness, and if necessary see if you can find something to help relax your muscles, wait a week and you'll feel much better. If you feel your still having cravings to take more percs of vics then try finding a NA meeting in your area.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2004, 09:57 PM   #3
Veteran

howard678 HB User
Re: is this the start of withdrawls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwf222
i posted some questions earlier, but to save yall the time of going back and finding it, ill start over. for about the last 2 months i either taken a percocet or vicodin almost every day. mainly percs, with just a few vicodins thrown in. (usually 1 10mg vic per day OR 1 7.5 mg perc per day, never mixed em) well i made the decision to quit, and have stopped (although a couple days later than planned). anyway its been 48 hours since i had a percocet (my main enemy) and about 30 hours since i had a vicodin. i just woke up from a nap and started having nausea and some diareha. i also just took a valium becasue i was having a panic attack worrying that this was the start of withdrawls. i had hoped at the relativly low doses i was taking there wouldnt be any real physical withdrawls. so i guess i wasnt prepared for this, and i know if it is withdrawls it'ss only get worse. so what do yall think? do i just have an upset stomach or am i heading for 3 days of misery? HELP im freakin out!
Careful with the Valium. Some wind up with awful withdrawals, and I still do not know where they end for me. My last dose was almost two weeks. I empathize with the panic attacks. If you have to take a Valium so be it but try not to take one every day, emergency use only. Assuming you are not addicted to this class of drugs... I would by no means take Valium for more than about 10 days.

Closed Thread