It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2004, 09:45 AM   #1

kilakila HB User
Is my use light or moderate or what?

I smoke pot every 7-10 days, and when I do I smoke about 5-6 joints right away. The reason I'm asking this is because I think I'm gonna be hooked on weed really soon. I used to smoke a few joints every once in a while and now it's getting more and more. So how would you rate my use? I want to stay and occassional or lite user but I'll be honest I don't want to quit because I love it but I don't want to be addictive to anything!

Old 10-16-2004, 11:31 AM   #2
(male)

wdmoor HB User
Re: Is my use light or moderate or what?

Just the fact that you are posting indicates you think you have a problem. From bitter experience I can tell you that for many of us, yes, pot is addictive. Maybe not in the way of heroin or cigs being addictive, where your body's biochemistry changes and your body craves the drug; but I needed to smoke pot every day, every afternoon, every night. The real telltale sign is when you are getting high, even when you don't really want to.

Some people can smoke pot with no problems, but many of us can't. 5 or 6 joints is a lot of pot. If you are having doubts, give yourself a break and try to quit. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2004, 11:47 AM   #3

spotted_1 HB User

As a recovering addict, I can tell you that the amount of your use is not an issue as much as the effect that using is having your life. Only you can decide if the high is worth the side down of using whatever you use. However, here are two things you might want to consider: first, no one started out to be addicted to anything. Secondly, if you are having to use more and more in order to reach your high, then you are well on your way to addiction. Every addict has at one time or another tried to control the amount of they use. Most found they could not. If I were to offer advise to anyone about their drug use, I would simply say "Why do you thing they call it dope?"

Old 10-16-2004, 01:45 PM   #4

kilakila HB User

Okay, here's really my story. I know pot is not good, but I really really like it, it's the only time I'm really happy, I live in a bad neighborhood and don't have any friends anymore, most of them were just scumbags, dope dealers, drug addicts, criminals etc. So I haven't had a hangout for over a year now. I have been smoking pot a lot before then cut down tremendously, about a year ago, and been doing lite user ever since but in the past few months it got more. But I never was addicted to weed though, when I cut down, I did feel like doing it but didn't crave or needed it to function but I still don't want to do this again, plus I got very little money and it's bad for your health! But like you said 5-6 joints every 7-10 days is lite use so I guess that won't harm me then.

Closed Thread