It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2004, 07:35 PM   #1
Inactive

herbal HB User
Another downward spiral?

I'm clean from Tramadol, first off. Thought you all would like to hear that.

The hernia in my stomach is getting worse, and the docs are taking their sweet time to get me into surgery. I'm in constant pain that is so severe, it brings me to tears from time to time. I have no appetite whatsoever. That is, at least until I.... I..... [gasp!] smoke a marijuana cigarette!!!!!!!!!
Yes, yes, yes I have started quite a marijuana-using habit. But I swear it's for medicinal purposes. I use it mainly at night time. It relieves the terrible hernia pain and it makes me have an appetite, therefore, I can eat. Therefore, I will lose no weight. I plan on putting an end to my use of marijuana after I have surgery. But I'm just giving myself a flag that's stating "You have potential to never quit using this herb. Be smart,"

What do you all think?

Old 10-18-2004, 04:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisaaahubb HB User
Re: Another downward spiral?

Just be careful....i'm a bad one to give advice about this, as i LOVE pot to calm down or at the end of my day. It DOES help with stomach issues,nausea and being able to eat.
I would be very leary ..... remember about trading one addiction for another. Pot is something i have always done.....i would be careful if this is NOT your situation. If nausea is the problem there is a wonder drug out there called Zofran...it is used in cancer patients and also for women during pregnancy that are extremely ill!!! It was a live-saver for me but very, very pricey unless you can get the insurace co. to pay for it. Also, be careful because sometimes pot can intensify symptoms...i would just be careful about starting new habits. Look at some alternatives if you are worried or doubting your motives. Let me know what you decide. It is the lesser of the evils
luv,
LISA

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread