It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2004, 11:06 PM   #1

octomon HB User
Ritalin or Wellbutrin Users Please Read

Hey all you ritalin and/or wellbutrin takers!

Please take part in my quick poll, simply asking what & when is your daily dose? I have been prescribed each as I taper from suboxone, and am just wondering what the average dosage is out there for ya'll of either med? As in, what's really working for you?

PS: Though my question doesn't directly relate to those addicted to either drug, and I don't even know if it's possible? but of course I WELCOME ANYONE with an opinion, and/or warning for that matter, on these pills to chime in here - thank you all for your help.

octomon

Old 10-19-2004, 07:06 AM   #2
Inactive

Twinlynn HB User
Re: Ritalin or Wellbutrin Users Please Read

Octomon -

Hi, there. I take 400 mg of Wellbutrin a day--a 200 tablet in the morning and a 200 tablet at night. I needed to reach this higher dosage before I was helped by the Wellbutrin...and it was worth it. It's very effective for me. And, while it's not good to just stop taking it suddenly....you can taper off it and you'll be fine. It is NOT addictive. Hope this helps, Lynn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2004, 12:40 PM   #3

octomon HB User

Thank you Lynn, that does help me. I originally started on 2-300 mgs per day, but felt it made me irritable. I'm wondering if I should have given it more of a chance? I stopped after a few days, but maybe I'll give it another try. The ritalin is similar but seems to not make me grumpy.

peace,
octomon

Old 10-19-2004, 01:29 PM   #4

heidianne HB User

hello i take 300mg of wellburtin daily. one pill in morning and one pill 8 hours later. so far so good... I would like to hear what people think of the generic brand??? please thanks heidianne

Old 10-19-2004, 04:51 PM   #5

fisherpard HB User

Octomon,

I have run the gamet on AD's and I have found Wellbutrin to be among the best. It does make you a little anxious and shakey at first but this goes away after a little while. If your dose gets too high you will tell because it gets hard to put words together in conversation and your hands tremble. I think anywhere from 150 - 450 is reasonable with 300mg being the most used dosage. It gives you extra energy and does even help the sex drive somewhat. A added bonus is it will help you quit smoking if you are a smoker. I am on Effexor right now but plan to change back to Wellbutrin soon.

As far as the ritalin goes , I have tried several different dosages for different timespans. I took the regular kind 10mgs x 3 a day. It worked to help the depression when I was at my worse. I stayed on this for about 6 months. I then went to the extended release and was taking 20mg x 3 for about a year. I finally came to the conclusion that in the long term it was causing my depression to really be worse. While I was on the high everything was ok but when I came down the bottom would fall out of the depression. I quit cold turkey and never looked back until I was wd ing off the Sub. I added 20mg every morning to give me the willpower to go to work. It really helped the wd's off the Sub but you have to be real careful not to get hooked on the ritalin. You could create another monster while trying to fix one. Ritalin is pretty harsh on the body also.

When I started back on the Subutex , I quit the Ritalin c't and never had a problem. I still have 180 20mg Ritalin in my medicine cab but never have the desire to take them. My depression just seems better when my pain level is at it's lowest.

I hope this helps,
fisherman

Old 10-19-2004, 10:51 PM   #6

octomon HB User

Thanks - that's just the kind of information I was looking for. My feelings on ritalin are the same at this point. It helps but I know I could take too much. Gosh I wish the WB didn't put me so much on edge, but maybe we're just not a good match.

cheers,
octomon

Closed Thread