It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2004, 03:22 PM   #1

carly500 HB User
Fisherman

Hi Fisherman How are you doing? I am still taking the cymbata. I think it has started working on my depression. Also no side effects which is great. My doctor told me 40% suffer from naseau. I can't believe I am part of the 60%. I am giving stratera another try. I found in the past stratera helped me at work to multi task. I am doing really bad with the ritilin and adderall. I want to go 24 hrs without just to prove to myself I can do it. You helped me by giving me the mind set that is only a mental addiction not physical. Plus I have all the other medicine to help me. I want to make exercise part of my daily life again. Its just so hard to get started. I used to do at least 10 miles on my exercise bike every day. Now it is used as a clothes hanger lol. I was so good about exercising I wore my first bike out. You probably heard this already but it has been proven exercise and medication works better then just medication for depression. Well tell me how you are doing when you get a chance. By the way somebody on the other board told me that the cymbata was helping with nerve pain in her shoulder and her doctor told her it would help opiate cravings. Talk soon. Your good friend Carly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2004, 04:57 PM   #2

fisherpard HB User
Re: Fisherman

My dear friend Carly,

I was thinking about you today also. I am glad to hear the news on Cymbalta working with your depression. After my many times on Ritalin and adderall , I have come to the conclusion that it worsens the depression. It is a big boost for a couple of hours after taking it but if you don't have more to take you have a big come down and more depression. It is worse with the Ritalin than the Adderall but both are bad.

You can make it for any period of time you want to without either. It is just a scary thought....................not having your boost. Kids have Ritalin free weekends all the time. I would suggest trying to do without when you have a free weekend that you can just stay in your PJ's and watch movies. I bet you will find that your depression is better even though you have a lack of energy. However, your body will adjust pretty fast with the stimulant out of your bloodstream. It will surprise you that in 4 or 5 days you will start pulling out. Have you thought about Provigil? I tried it one time but my insurance would not pay for it and it is expensive. I did not get the rush like Ritalin but it did help my energy.

I am doing ok but still on the Subutex. It has really helped my pain so I have been real active. I go for 2 mile walks everyday. My depression has been so much better after getting off the Ritalin. I only take 15mg of Remeron at bedtime and it is to help me sleep. I will ask for Cymbalta if I relapse in depression.

It was so good to hear from you. You was so helpful to me in my time of crisis that you will be in my heart forever.

your friend,
fisherman

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2004, 09:00 AM   #3
(female)

agentalias HB User
Re: Fisherman

Hey Fisherman,
Sorry to hear that you were having such a tough time. At least the Sub does help you and you can exercise. That's great! I know being on hydros, you wouldn't have wanted to do any of that. So Sub is a good thing. I still believe that Sub is a good thing for chronic pain patients. Its me if you are wondering who this is. I posted to you when you were detoxing off Sub. Its not over until its over....isn't that the cliche? I'm still proud of you. You haven't posted lately.

Take care.

Closed Thread