It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2004, 08:14 AM   #1
(female)

IsabellaC22 HB User
need advice

I've been doing E since June 19, 2004, about once a weekend, every other weekend. and I've finally realized that it is messing me up in the head. For the past week I've been very depressed, I have extreme anxiety, I can bearly eat because of the anxiety. My head feels a little dizzy and cloudy at times, and I am very worried that I really messed up myself up. I know I need to go to the doctor but do you think it would be ok to wait a while and see if my body gets back to normanl itself. The last time I did it was Friday night so I know my body hasn't even had time to repair itself. Please any advice would help.

Last edited by IsabellaC22; 10-25-2004 at 08:15 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2004, 10:34 AM   #2

mernee HB User
Re: need advice

Unfortunately, E depletes the brain of Serontonin, the feel good chemical that is also lacking in people that suffer Depression. It also effects the Dopamine which is the chemical that causes us to feel satisfied, had enough so to speak. What happens is the drug E causes the these chemicals to be released in huge amounts, the Serontonin. When you stop using E the brain has altered and cannot produce the Serontonin without the drug, somewhat like a Diabetic that cannot porduce insulin. You will be depressed for a long time and then to feel normal or good you will start to crave the E, or want to use it as it takes you out of your slump. You should go in and see a Dr. I have worked with many E users that went on Anti-Depressants for a while and then tapered off causing the brains chemicals to relearn how to produce again. I would think that without help you would not be able to stop using as you will have a hard time getting out of the depression. I may be wrong however, what harm would talking to a Dr. do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread